“Great food in a cosy setting.”
Review of Daisy Tea Rooms

Daisy Tea Rooms
Ranked #6 of 28 Coffee & Tea in Scarborough
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Not been here for a while, so decided to call for lunch on Friday. We had crispy bacon sandwiches with a portion of chips to share. Bacon butty was perfect, buttered sliced bread and good bacon. Chips are fantastic too. Great selection of drinks, I had the rose lemonade, it was lovely. We look forward to visiting here again soon.

There are newer reviews for Daisy Tea Rooms

Reviewed March 31, 2014

friendly, warm local - tasty food :) good parking, pretty decoration, space to sit outside during good weather.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

This tea room is far better than 'typical'. It is quaint, always busy (you may have to reserve a table), the food is delicious and the service has its roots firmly in the Yorkshire tradition.The staff were attentive and the owner took time to come and speak to us. A very pleasant experience, a great representative of that is good about Yorkshire.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

This tea room is a bustling establishment all about the food. Value for money with so much choice. Whenever in Scarborough, take the time to visit. Wonderful food, abundance of choice and not breaking the bank. The afternoon tea with sandwich, cream tea scone and cake is such value for money.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

Having recently visited Daisy Team Rooms for the first time, I doubt whether I shall return. The food itself was acceptable, however, the welcome left much to be desired. My partner and I initially sat at a table for three, but moved to a table for four in the window, when it became vacant. We mainly moved because of the draft from the open entrance door. One of the waitresses (possibly the owner) came over to ask us if we wished to go into the other room, as there was a table for two vacant. We declined, due to the noise coming from a large party in that particular area. We were then told that it gets busy, and we may need to share our table with another couple. How rude! At that point I considered walking out, as we did not wish to share our table with anyone else. However, I was sharing my my lunch break with my partner, which is a rarity, and time is limited. We had already given our order, so I did not want to cause any disruption. While we were at the Tea Rooms, several couples came in and sat at larger tables, as there were actually very few tables for two. What should have been a pleasant experience, was spoilt by the attitude of this particular member of staff towards couples taking up tables set for four. I have never felt so unwelcome and to be honest, I have never come across this particular situation before. Customer Care goes along way in business - and word of mouth is a strong advertisement - both negative and positive.

2  Thank worth1331
thedavisfamily1971, Owner at Daisy Tea Rooms, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Please accept my sincere apologies that you did not receive the level of customer service you expected. Anyone that knows all the staff at Daisy know that offering a first class customer service experience is very important to all of us and we pride ourselves on this, as previous reviews mention. This is why I am disappointed that we have not provided you and your husband with this. I appreciate your comments and understand now why you did not want to sit in the other area. My comment with regards to sharing a table was meant tongue in cheek, sometimes our customers offer to share a table as they appreciate how busy we do get and we do not like to turn anybody away. I would of course have asked your consent to this first. I appreciate your comments and have taken them on board and agree totally that customer care is second to none. Thank you for providing an honest opinion and we will learn from this. I do hope you will visit us again in the future and give us the opportunity to change your opinion of Daisy Tea Rooms.