“What more can I say”

Walkers Fish Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 355 Restaurants in Scarborough
Cuisines: Seafood, British
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
leeds
“What more can I say”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Have eaten here on endless occasions and it never fails to be excellent no matter when you go the standard remains the same well done to all the staff

Visited January 2014

“Loads of food.”
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

Good quality food....lots of it.

Staff were very robotic...stuck in there day to day duties in a very mechanistic way....no smiles.....or sense of enjoyment...from them...hence the customer service seemed slow and lacking.

Food was good though

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Gluten free Fish and Chips - what a treat!”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I found this place after researching gluten free fish & chips in the Scarborough area. We arrived at 8.15pm on a Saturday night thinking it would be fine to eat (slightly naive on our part, should have checked times) as they shut at 8pm but luckily the fryer was still on. The staff were all so so friendly and couldn't do enough for us. I ordered a small gluten free cod and it was fantastic, the batter was delicious and so similar to normal batter. They even had gluten free bread so I had the rare treat of enjoying chip buttys :)

A small portion was the perfect size for me as I wasn't famished and at just under £12 was great value for money. My companion had the gluten free haddock with mushy peas which we also give a big thumbs up for.

The restaurant is really nicely decorated, very traditional and the service was excellent.

It was such a treat to have fish and chips and I'll be recommending Walkers to everyone.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Charlotte J
Scarborough, yorkshire
“Fresh and tasty!”
Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

Ate here last Friday with work colleagues for lunch, as we had "return to work" obligations after an hour we pre-ordered our food that morning so that we could return to the workplace in a timely manner.

We pre-ordered from the website menu which does need updating as the pricing for my lunch was dearer upon leaving and the "in restaurant" menu than the website.

The restaurant is spotlessly clean, pleasantly laid out with fish tanks set in the walls here and there. Surprised to see a pile of menus on the table when we arrived having booked the table and preordered, seemingly took 10 mins for the waitress to notice, removed them with apologies then we waited for another 10 mins or more for the food to arrive. Ouch! Eating into our lunch hour and we work in central Scarborough!

Portions were plentiful, I ordered small haddock and chips and it was substantial £8.95 a bit steep but very nice food. Non greasy and the fish was beautiful, white flaky with crisp batter. Bread and butter on table, I didn't eat - don't understand why bread is served!

Staff friendly, service with a smile.

Colleagues sampled steak pie which I understand was tasty, huge pieces of steak and another sampled the cheese salad.......more cheese than the deli counter at Sainsburys!

The restaurant was extremely busy, ample parking to the rear, didn't smell greasy in restaurant which was pleasing. Didn't like the blue tone lighting in ceiling, affected my eyesight a little, I wonder how it would affect a person with epilepsy.

Will return with my husband next time, recommend.

York, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Basic and a little over priced.”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Came here with some work friends and just got there in time before it closed at 8pm. The staff were friendly and the restaurant is nicely done. I liked the fish tanks. We ordered cod and chips which was around £12 for a reasonably big bit of fish and a Tuna steak that was a bit over cooked as I had ordered it rare. Other than it being over priced for what you get it was nice but i did expect it to be a little more than just a fish and chip shop in which you sit down in.

• Visited January 2014