“The best so far !”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We were taken here by family that live in Filey (we live in Stoke-on-Trent) and I have to say that the food was first class ..... best fish and chips I have ever tasted. Also had dessert .... wow the Baileys trifle was mmmmm fab. Well done. We'll definitely be back...can't wait !

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Overall we were happy with this meal: we had recced the location in daylight on our way to Scarbro' & returned 2 nights later solely on the strength of reviews here.

The food was fresh & very hot; the service was painfully slow (I got up & got our own menus after waiting on arrival & it went on from there, though it was a quiet Monday night). There were a couple of things we'd have liked different with the food. The large (tho medium), tasty, thick haddock would have merited thicker, crunchier batter (the beef dripping-cooked batter was potentially world-class just too thin, & thus went soggy before we'd finished our fish), and I don't eat brown bread with f&c, luckily me husband was willing to eat the brown - a choice (white/brown/mixed) which we've been offered elsewhere, would be a good tweak, My husband said the mushy peas were 'ok' but should have been cooked down more - ie weren't mushy enough. The chips were fab.

These are all small things that would make a good meal exceptional, so long as the service (I'm talking about the waitresses NOT expecting fresh food at fast food speeds) speeded up a bit.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Having had 30 years in the Fish & Chip business I think I know my Fish & Chips and without a doubt this fish restaurant is top of its class. Have been many times and never had a disappointment and when we have guests to visit there is no hesitation recommending a visit to Walkers and once they have been it is always a request for a return visit the next time they are in town. Super, you will not be disappointed for sure.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Great fish & chips in a town that does not compete at the highest level. If you don't go to Walkers, go to Whitby. They are all much better than the Scarborough outlets

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Lovely surroundings, clean and well presented.
Helpful staff, good service.
The best fish and chips in scarborough.
Desserts to die for - take a look at the deserts cabinet before you order a huge main course.
Would hightly recommend this restaurant. Probably one of my favourites in Scarborough. Good value for money.

1  Thank Jane M