“Best fish and chips”

Cuisines: British
Description: Fish and chip restaurant
Description: Fish and chip restaurant
Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

Old fashioned chip shop but great service and the best fish and chips I have eaten in ages. The fish was succulent and batter superb

Reviewed September 19, 2012

My partner found Rennards on a amble around Scarborough on our holiday. You can eat in and take away and both are first rate. We went twice in 24 hours it was so good. My partner who loves fish and chips said they were the best he's had in years and he is an expert on the subject. Fresh fried fish was a delight and the best musy peas ever. Such a pity this place is 89 miles from home!

Reviewed August 29, 2012 via mobile

I go to the cafe every week the staff are very polite and the food is always good even the homemade bread rolls

Reviewed May 27, 2012

Quite simply ....THE BEST IN TOWN...

I was born in Scarborough and now live in Gloucester. I return every year and The Haddock and Chips Remain as good as they were when I lived in Scarborough. If only we Had Haddock in Gloucester .....

Reviewed May 25, 2012

Went into the cafe on Fri tea time - family of 4. Quite simply, the worse fish and chips I have ever sampled in my life by a long way! Chips were drier than Scarborough beach, mushy peas were drastic and the fish was frozen, uncooked and not skinned. The lady who served was very helpful, polite and efficient (the only positive). Also over-priced. Very, very disappointed!!!

Rennards, Owner at Rennards, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

We are sorry you had a bad experience at the café. Only our cod is sometimes frozen as it comes from Iceland, all our Haddock is Fresh caught locally, so we are not sure why you thought it may be frozen.
Come and try us again, we are sure the mushy peas remain the best in town.