“Quite a find”

Cafe & Bistro On The Corner
Ranked #202 of 369 Restaurants in Scarborough
Cuisines: British, Cafe
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast
Description: Stylish smart and clean interior, fast friendly service. Spacious seating
Reviewed August 28, 2013

During a short stay in Scarborough my wife and I found this cafe which offered a varied menu and did not smell of fish and chips.Nor did they play loud music. We took a chance and were glad we did. The service was pleasant and quick and we both enjoyed the food so much so that we returned the next day. Do visit it.

Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

Found this cafe by chance on our trip staying in Scarborough being a vegetarian find it difficult sometimes but lots of choices on the menu , excellent value good service certainly recommend .

Reviewed May 10, 2013

It had been a while since my last visit at this lovely little spot when I found myself nearby. The decor had been updated beautfully which really stood out (the photo on here appears to be of a different establishment entirely) and I decided to pop back for a late lunch. To my delight I noticed some new additions to the menu and opted for the rump steak with all the trimmings and a glass of merlot. I thoroughly enjoyed my meal - my steak was cooked to perfection and the stilton and pepper sauce I'd chosen to accompany it was just heavenly. The staff were wonderfully attentative and polite, the cafe itself was immaculate and I found my meal to be great value for money - definitely somewhere I will be frequenting more often!

1  Thank AliceC1989
Reviewed October 20, 2012

we had been to this cafe on our last visit to Scarborough, and we were not disappointed on this visit, we ordered our food and it was very quickly and efficiently brought to us, we came back the next day and on both occasions the food and the service were excellent.

1  Thank traveller19Cumbria
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We were planning on going out for an evening meal, but having walked around scarborough all day and skipping lunch by 4pm found ourselves both hungry and tired. We were looking for a decent fish and chip shop when we happened upon this little cafe, with a chalkboard menu in the window offering freshhome battered fish chips and mushy peas for £5-99.

My wife is manic about cleanliness so we had a peek in first and it looked really neat and tidy so we gave it ago and we weren't disappointed. The girl behind the counter couln't have been more helpful. She brought us out a high chair for our 2 year old daughter and then offered to make her a squash cordial rather than the e number laden bottled soft drinks.

We both had the fish and chips which were a real plateful and really nice and my daughter put a small dent in the huge plate of childrens fishfinger and chips which would have fed an adult. I had been eyeing the lovely looking homemade cakes but was to stuffed to give one a go!

My daughter was even offered a free lolly as we left, a smashing little cafe with great service and cheap prices...what more can you ask if you fancy a quick bite! Would definately go back if we are up there again.

3  Thank spireiteboy