“xcelent! what more can i say”
Review of Nutmeg Cafe - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Nutmeg Cafe
Scarborough, United Kingdom
“xcelent! what more can i say”
Reviewed January 12, 2012

I have visited the cafe on many occasions and they have never failed to deliver super value for money food. The vegetarian and vegan food proided is of a very high standard and to finish a good variety of desserts as well.

Today's visit was a first time for my husband and he was blown away with the choice and quality of the cuisine. Soemthing tells me we'll be back for more quite soon!

• Visited January 2012

Scarborough,
“Lovely veggie homemade soup!”
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Highly recommend the homemade soup of any kind, on any day at any time. Delicious.

Visited June 2011
Scarborough, yorkshire
“Only Vegetarian cafe - needs some competition!”
Reviewed December 7, 2011

My friend and I used to eat here every month for lunch and found the specials menu to offer a great selection for all tastes (albeit vegetarian) - great way of sampling new food even if you're not vegetarian (we aren't).

However, since "Eat Me" has opened around the corner, we venture there and only came back here due to not being able to obtain a table. The cafe was full with reserved tables and the always friendly waitress, (always smiling and helpful) allowed us to sit at one of the reserved spaces. However, I felt the menu on the table had deminished dramatically and the specials choices were few also. Some specials over £5 which I consider a little steep considering the surroundings. I appreciate it is the quality of the food that counts, although my friend and I felt it wasn't as good as our past visits.

Good selection of herbal teas, recommend the ginger and ginseng fizzy drink although gets your heart racing a bit!

Won't rush back again

• Visited December 2011
Northern England
“A wonderfull find”
Reviewed November 10, 2011

Highly recommended, a cafe with a lovely atmosphere and superb tasty vegetarian and vegan food.The lady at the front of the house was just so lovely and "our Rob" as she called the chef has a natural talent for making great tasting food.I had the stir fry and my partner had the homemade burger both of which were fabulous and great value

• Visited November 2011
Scarborough, United Kingdom
“Delicious”
Reviewed October 26, 2011

I am not a vegetarian however I do enjoy the dishes served at the nutmeg and in particular a cup of coffee and home made cake as I had on this occasion. Lovely freshly made food served by a very lovely hostess.

• Visited October 2011