“Top Quality Sri Lankan cuisine”
Review of Rice & Spice

Rice & Spice
Ranked #15 of 369 Restaurants in Scarborough
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 14, 2013

A chance visit with a group of friends resulted in a great food experience. Curry Leaf offers a cafe style environment with attentive customer service and pretty authentic food. Masala Beef is tasty and spicy and a great choice for a starter and the best move then is to go for the "Thali" maincourse - a feast with great flavours.
If you're fed up with run of the mill asian restauarants - give the Curry Leaf a go, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Went here on the recommendation of the guys at the Nomad cafe which was closed for our visit.
The food exceeded all expectations in both quality and quantity, from an excellent menu. The meat was lean and tasty, and the spices more subtle than the average Indian. If the Curry Leaf was in my home town I would be a very regualr visitor.

1  Thank B0bSteel
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We were recommended to eat here on our way to the theatre by a local. We shared a thali meal which was new to us. The owner explained how to eat it. The food and the service was excellent.
We shall go again.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

My husband and I went for a lovely meal at the Curry Leaf last weekend. As silly as it sounds it was a refreshing change to have a limited menu and not 100s of dishes to chose from.

The food was very tastey and the staff were very welcoming and efficent.

Would definately return for another meal

1  Thank JDL7171
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We have been to the curry leaf a number of times now and it is gradually going down hill. The first time the food and service was excellent. Last night the service was poor and the food not much better. Two of our party ordered the lamb thali. The lamb was so tough neither of them could eat it. I tried it and had to take it out of my mouth as it was impossible to swallow it. I informed the waiter who had a strange grin on his face most of the evening and he said he was sorry. I would rather him have said can I get you something else or at least he could have taken it off the bill but he only said he was sorry. The thing is he didnt look it.

Most of us ordered the chicken thali and whereas before they would serve it out and make a spectacle of it now its dumped in front of you. The curry was watery and not even slightly spicy.

Very disappointing and I dont think any of our party will be revisiting any time soon. There was another large party sat behind us and I dont think they will be returning either.

1  Thank GandaEngland
DS1112, Owner at Rice & Spice, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Sorry I have upset you. Mondays I am always quiet and there was no bookings suddenly 13 people arrived in my restaurant at 9.15pm was unexpected and only me cook inside. I had to cook Lamb fresh. Sorry I have upset you.
All of you............Please do come again (please book in advance) will make you perfect thalis, Service will be perfect when you come.......
I will offer you drinks from the house next time when you all come.....
Sorry it was my fault not being ready on monday night.
Dharma