“Too expensive”

Waves Cafe
Ranked #198 of 355 Restaurants in Scarborough
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A local friendly family run cafe, situated under the sands five star apartments in Scarborough's North Bay with outstanding views of the bay and surrounding headlands. Choose to sit inside or out, Serving Baristas made espresso coffee, Breakfast, Meals & light snacks at competitive prices Also incorporating Waves Ice Cream Parlour serving Scarborough it's famous sundaes for over 15 years!
Derby, United Kingdom
“Too expensive”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We had 2 large teas and it came to £4.20. What a rip off. We will be going back to our usual cafe - half the price.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Joyce187048
Luke_austin, Owner at Waves Cafe, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Hi and good morning I'm am very sorry about your vist to waves I would like to offer my sincere apologies for this! We try to offer the best service and best quality and value where avable. I fully understand that at times that standards can lapse and this is not acceptable. I would urge anybody to let us know at the time if the was a problem with any part of our bussness as we can not rectify after you have left.

I would just like to add That two tea's are only £1.60 each that £3.20 not £4.20 as you show in your review and is impossible to change as our tills are programmed

Once again our sincere apologies
Best regards
Luke Austin
(Owner)

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Great Food, Excellent Service”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Waves Café offers a terrific choice of meals and snacks: superb touches like soya milk and vegetarian options- at really keen prices - make Waves Café the ideal choice for all visitors. Friendly, helpful staff are the 'icing on the cake'.
Strongly recommended!!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Brian H
Luke_austin, Owner at Waves Cafe, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
I would just like to say thank you! for your feedback and I'm glad you enjoyed you visit to our cafe I hope to see you again in the future. Best Regards, Luke Austin (owner & Manager)
Bingley
“Great little cafe”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed at the sands apartments this weekend and used waves twice. Both times were served by the owner who was friendly with a great sense of humour. Very varied menu and value for money. Too much choice!! Not that its a bad thing. I work in catering and in my opinion you guys have got it just right down there. Spot on, keep up the good work.

Scarborough, United Kingdom
“Dreadful customer service, ridiculous 'rules'!”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

This cafe does great ice-creams for kids but the first time I encountered the 'rules' was when I wanted to order a coffee for myself and an ice-cream for my children, both to takeaway. The service counter inside took my coffee order after I had queued for 10 mins but refused to serve me the ice-cream. I was sent outside to the ice-cream serving window, despite the fact this is all the same cafe, where I had to join another queue for 15 mins! I was reluctant to return to this cafe but because the kids love the ice-creams I went again this weekend. However, this time, I was treating my sister and all the kids to coffee and cake but naturally, the kids wanted ice-cream. It was cold and wet outside so we wanted to sit inside. But no, an abrupt Waves cafe waitress refused to serve me ice-cream inside or let the kids eat their ice-cream indoors, even if I went and queued up outside like I had to last time. I can understand a small establishment does not want all the tables taken up by ice-cream eaters when they naturally want to make more profit by keeping tables for those eating meals. But as a family, we were all sitting in to have coffee and cake and it just happened that the kids wanted ice-cream. I think it is ridiculous to have 'rules' preventing this and I have to say the waitress was really quite rude. I live in Scarborough and am disappointed with Waves. I will not return there or take any of my family/visitors there again. There are plenty more lovely, and more importantly, welcoming cafes in the area. Shame on you Waves.

• Visited August 2012
4 Thank sog1973
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“A great little seafront cafe with views across the bay, serving excellent fresh cafe food and quality coffee.”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

A great little cafe right on the seafront with views across the north bay to Scarborough Castle. We always enjoy the breakfast here, and the friendly owners and staff. Fresh ingredients including orange juice freshly squeezed to order, and excellent quality coffee makes this a great spot for breakfast The default is a single shot of coffee so if you like your coffee strong (we do!) then don't forget to ask for an extra shot.