“A real treat” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 8 Dessert in Scarborough
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Seating, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Many other commentators are listing Alonzi's Harbour Bar as having the best ice-cream - I beg to differ. Pacittos, which is in the next block along, has far superior Sundaes. They carry a similar type of menu to Alonzi's but because the shop front isn't as bold and colourful are often overlooked. Give them a try - you won't be disappointed
Worcester, United Kingdom
“A real treat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

I lived in Scarborough for many years and remember the time when families used to flock here for the week in the summer. The Sea Front was always packed with tourists but looked like a graveyard in the winter. Scarborough itself doesn't have much going for it these days and I only go there to visit relatives. However, one of the real treats to find is a quality cone.

Italian's have always made the best ice cream and you will find two brilliant examples of it in the South bay. The first place is the Harbour Bar, which is like one of those nostalgic 1950's ice cream parlours which make a Knickerbocker Glory and other sumptuous delights. Less than 100 yards from there opposite the lifeboat house is Pacitto's. You can either sit in and have something or take something from the counter at the front and walk along the beach.

I had visited family and decided to take a walk along the front, which is something I had not done for years. Nostalgia suddenly overcame me and as I passed the lifeboat I headed for Pacitto's. Opting for the counter service I looked at the delights on offer. You can ver various combinations but I opted for the simple 99, which comes either in lemon or raspberry. I chose the latter. I must admit the member of staff who served me wasn't one of those glad to see you types but i'm sure that probably comes from a combination of tiredness and the fact that no matter how hard you try it's sometimes not possible to smile at everyone you meet. However, the ice cream was plentiful and tasted superb. I was tempted to have another one afterwards but the time on the parking ticket was coming to an end and fate intervened.

Anyone who visits Scarborough must surely visit here. They are open all day and what better treat to have when the sun is shining. Pacitto's and the Harbour Bar are two of the few sights that the town has worth visiting.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

“Lovely icecream. Young staff rude.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

Have been here quite a few times.
Lovely ice cream, and sundaes!
Younger staff can come across quite rude however older staff very friendly.

• Visited June 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
darlington
“best ice cream in north east”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014

This is the best place in the north east for ice cream 3 generation s of the same family serving you and on june 24 2014 they will have been open 80 years if they can't get it right no one can keep up the good work we ALL appreciate it

• Visited May 2014
Stirling, United Kingdom
“lovely!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

Always visit when visiting from Scotland. Staff always friendly and happy to serve ! Good food and amazing sundaes !

Visited February 2014
1 Thank feeeg
North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
“Ice cream fab, shame about the service. ”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

Visited today after a fab meal at ask. We have always had a takeaway icecream from here when we come to Scarborough! We sat in here today and went to order. 2 of us had chocolate nut icecream and I had just vanilla. The old blonde lady was quite rude rolling her eyes as if we were an inconvenience for ordering 2 different things, I am nut intolerant so I had to have different! I myself like hard icecream but my parents enjoy soft this also was an inconvenience for this lady as she told her friend with such an attitude. We will come back to pacittos as we use the Redcar one too and love it. But this lady really needs to learn some customer service skills or retire if she isn't happy! Fabulous icecream though!! Such a shame this woman ruined it.