“MIRICIA WE ♥ IT!!”

Ranked #39 of 183 Scarborough B&B and Inns
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“MIRICIA WE ♥ IT!!”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I would just like to say i can not understand some of the reviews on here about the Miricia.
My fiance and i found the Miricia on the internet last year.
We have stopped here three times in a year and have never had any complaints of any sort.
Our room is always spotless with a brilliant sea view,and has very good tea/coffee making facilities.
The lady of the house is always very friendly and sociable,and always happy to help us with directions and any information we might need.
Every time we have stayed here we have recieved a free parking permit for our car to park on the road outside the hotel.
The breakfast is always fresh and very enjoyable,the hotel is in a ideal spot for exploring the local area.
As for the rooms smelling of damp or being unclean we have never experienced any of the complaints listed on here.
Some of these reviews sound like a different hotel to the one we know and love.
My fiance and i would not stop at any other hotel now.So i would just like to say for anyone looking at booking a holiday at the Miricia do not let the odd bad review put you off,i can guarantee you will not be disapointed.
My fiance and I will be returning next year after our wedding in may.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
richard w, Owner at Miricia, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Thanks for your comments, its always a pleasure to see you both and good luck with the wedding, make sure you bring some photos on your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Went to Miricia for a long weekend, must admit could have chosen a better weekend as it was cold and wet!! Nevertheless had a wonderful stay, Joanne and Richard was fantastically welcoming and the heater in the room soon thawed us out, infact I had to turn the heater down in the night as they do kick out plenty of heat. The Breakfast was huge and yummy, infact my daughter has said Richard can cook a better breakfast than me!! Plenty of drinks in the room and all top brands and the same with cereals in the morning all top brands....No expense spared. Looking forward to returning in the New Year, my daughter has said she is missing her "boyfriend" lol. Thanks for a Wonderful stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
richard w, Owner at Miricia, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Thank you so much for your comments its always a pleasure to see we are giving our guests a good experience, see you both next year.
Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

Just wanted to explain my 5 star rating on every point..

Me and my girlfriend decided to go to Scarborough for a long weekend, our little summer holiday! We just looked online and stumbled across Miricia and I'm so glad I did..

I've read a few reviews and I just can't seem to understand. First point, the lovely lady that greeted us was the most friendly, kind, warm and professional host we've had.. Honestly! We both said what a lovely lady she was all throughout our stay!

Our room was nice, small but certainly nothing to fault them on. The views was amazing, looking over the sea and hints of the beach. Perfect.

Breakfast every morning was lovely, tasty, good choice and again the hostess was bright, cheerful and I felt like by the end it was like living in her house.

I don't want to go into to much detail about the weekend itself as that's irrelevant to the review but we had a fantastic time and the hotel made it 100xs better!!

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank NoakesRyan
richard w, Owner at Miricia, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Thank you very much for your comments, its always wonderful to see that our guests are happy and that we have made a good impression. Yes it is very unfortunate that we don't please everyone, but we really do try. We hope to see you again soon. Thanks Joanne
Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

The room smelt of damp and after sleeping in there we can tell why. The heating was totally inadequate and the room was solo cold. My partner actually slept with her clothes on. The landlady checked us in and then was not seen until breakfast next morning. She seemed distracted and not at all friendly. We won't be going back here although the location is good for the town and the amusements.

• Stayed November 2012
17 Thank Freddie C
richard w, Owner at Miricia, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Sorry to hear you comments, but as you checked in at 7pm went straight to your room until you came down to go back to the pub at 9.30pm and wasn't seen until breakfast yourself, I don't see how this can be made a criticism on my part. The room has a heater and blankets in the wardrobe, had you put the heater on full and used the blankets you would have had a warm night, I noticed in the morning when I went into clean that the heater was off and the blankets not used. As for not being friendly I cannot understand how you could say that as I spent ages talking during breakfast and had you and my other guests laughing at my son as he played around you.
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Me and my partner are often passing through Scarborough to see friends or on our travels, when we first booked a room at Miricia it was simply because of the price and we knew very little about it, but since that first time, it's the only place we would choose to stay now. Where to start, the rooms offer an incredible sea view, the best view I've seen out of any hotel ever, when we first turned up I sat on the window sill captivated for the first 20 minutes! Joanne the owner goes out of her way to make every guest feel so incredibly welcome, you can tell she has a real genuine interest in every single guest and makes you feel at home, always happy to help out. The rooms are comfy, cosy, always immaculately clean and all you could want, with a flat-screen telly, teas, coffees. We always request the same room (room three if I remember correct) which apparently is the smallest room, which is more than enough for us, with a double bed, sink, wardrobe etc. The breakfast the next morning (included in the price) is an excellent way to start the day, I don't understand the critical review of the food below as it is clearly obvious the food is freshly cooked, a tasty full english breakfast, with a very generous portion! The only problem we have is tearing ourselves out of bed to get down there in time haha! The price tops this place though as an absolute bargain! Absolutely no complaints. We will return here many times!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
richard w, Owner at Miricia, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Thanks for your review it's always good to see you both and keep you talking, tee hee.
Reviewed November 12, 2012

This was our 2nd stay here and we have had a fantastic visit on both occasions. We have had a sea view from our room both times. The lady of the house is very friendly and helpful, we have not met the man of the house yet but he cooks a fantastic breakfast. It's a value for money stay when we go to visit our daughter who is at university there. The rooms are clean and well stocked with tea, coffee and milk. We will be staying again in the new year.

• Stayed November 2012
richard w, Owner at Miricia, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Thank you very much for your review and hope to see you in the new year when you visit your daughter again, always a pleasure.
Hartlepool, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 30, 2012

stayed here as a last minute decision ,room was clean ,bed comfortable ,our room was lovely and warm ,excellent location ,everything was spot on ,breakfast was nice with toast n plenty of tea coffee n juice .only saw the lady but very pleasant and kept very busy.would definately go back .

Room Tip: excellent views at front over beach n sea .free parking which was a suprise but a pleasant one.