“adults need decent food as well”
Review of The Plough Inn

The Plough Inn
Ranked #133 of 365 Restaurants in Scarborough
Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: The Plough Inn and Fun Farm at Lebberston offers fantastic indoor soft play facilities for all children. Serving homemade food and fresh Sunday carvery every week. With a newly refurbished adult lounge showing sky sports and a large dining area for all the family.
Reviewed June 1, 2014

My family and I visited here again and the kids fun farm was a great as ever .We tried the outdoor play area which is fantastic as is enclosed with soft covering and our little ones loved it .We sat in the conservatory which is well appointed and means you can sit and watch the kids without being outside .However I found the food hasn't improved I have triedthe Sunday lunch and a baked potato which were awful so chose safe and went with soup . It was so peppery a staff member came over to see how I found it and I told her ,her response its highly seasoned!!! .I personally believe highly seasoned means flavour not just pepper so I left it .The toilets are adequate but baby changing is either upstairs or a walk through the pub when it could be better in the toilets near the family entrance.Again whilst we will go again for kids I doubt I will eat as it appears the food never gets better for adults but kids is OK

There are newer reviews for The Plough Inn

Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

My family and I ate here The other day and found that whilst yes the menu is pretty basic the prices for what was served was perfectly acceptable.
Of course it's not going to be gourmet good but what they do have is good.
We all had a main meal and drinks and the bill was just over £40, which compared to other eateries on par with this place I found this a reasonable price.
Would definitely eat there again.
Only thing that let it down was the cold bullet like peas!
Please please cook some proper Veg!

Reviewed May 26, 2014

We used to come regularly on a Sunday as the food was excellent, but when the chef left so did the quality... However we heard the chef came back, so we came back yesterday for the Sunday lunch, and without hesitation I would say it is one of the best valued and tastiest Sunday lunches in Scarborough!! We will be coming back again and again now. fantastic!!!!

1  Thank J9goose
Reviewed May 7, 2014

We used to love coming here as we live locally but it's really gone down hill.
came today to be greeted by a very intense smell of disinfectant which in all honestly put me off wanting to stay and eat here, it's such a strong smell it's over whelming and reminds me off a public toilet.
The greeting you get from the staff is non existent.... rather a grunt and no smile from the man on the till. He is just rude and is every time we come.
The toilets themselves today do smell very bad. not nice to go in there
and the food is over priced for what it is, you can cook it all easily yourselve at home by cooking anything from the freezer and there are no healthy options after 4 apart from salad.
The atmosphere too isn't welcoming. We won't be back which is a shame.

3  Thank proud_mummy_of_2_xx
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Good space for kids but dont eat low quality cheap food not our type of food okay if you want a burger