“Sunday Lunch”

The Plough Inn
Ranked #151 of 352 Restaurants in Scarborough
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Plough Inn and Fun Farm at Lebberston offers fantastic indoor soft play facilities for all children. Serving homemade food and fresh Sunday carvery every week. With a newly refurbished adult lounge showing sky sports and a large dining area for all the family.
Hunmanby, England, United Kingdom
“Sunday Lunch”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Worst meal we have ever had. Cold plates roast pototoes like bricks. Extremely defensive duty manager who should not stick up for his staff but realise a service is supposed to be being provided. The food was awful! Some of us are not on holiday so maybe would have come back. Total rubbish!

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank Melodie F

Wales, United Kingdom
“Wish I Could've Brought This Pub Home In My Suitcase!”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

The Plough is great. The food is tasty, though you can wait a while for your food, but the meals are quite big, I couldn't eat all mine. The Chicken Tikka was really nice. It came with rice, chips and a naan bread. The Chilli Con Carne was also delicious, that came with rice, chips, nachos and sour cream. The toilets are good and quite clean. The staff are very friendly and inviting and welcoming.
The children's indoor play area, called The Fun Farm, is fantastic. My two year old loved it here. You pay £1 for under 2's and £2 for three and over. The kids can play while you eat your meal. The Fun Farm is located upstairs but there are tables upstairs so you can eat you meal while keeping an eye on the kids. Kids have to wear socks but if you forget socks you can purchase them for £1. My two year old had such a great time here that we came to this pub twice while on holiday and we enjoyed the meals. If your kids are too busy playing and won't eat their meal, don't worry, you can ask for a box to take their meal home with you so you aren't wasting money on food.
All in all, this is a great pub and if we ever go on holiday to Yorkshire again, we will be sure to stop by. If only I could've picked the pub up, put it in my suitcase and brought it home to Wales.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank A G
Yorkshire, UK
“disgusting tea!”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We stopped off here for our lunch break - needless to say we didnt buy any food after sampling the tea. . My colleague asked for tea and to leave the tea bag in (as she likes a strong cup) and also for a black coffee. The staff didnt seem to care about the fact that the machine gave out white coffee and wouldnt change it. I ordered tea and was also given a cup with a tea bag in and was left standing at the bar for a spoon. The tea was only just luke warm so it didnt brew at all and there was a film across the top...it was so weak that it only needed a small amount of milk....absolutely disgusting! We both left the tea bags in the cup and you could still see the bottom of the cup. Some people were eating but the food didnt look very appetising and it didnt really smell that good either. Price was £1.20 for a cup of lukewarm water.The decor is very worn out and is remeniscent of Butlins! Definately will not be visiting the Plough again. The garage across the road sell better coffee even if it is in a paper cup - at least it is hot and drinkable.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank DeeBee132
“Burgers and service disgusting!!”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Visited here today with the family children loved the play area BUT I orderd a beef burger which smelt awful and tasted even worse upon complaining management refused to refund or replace burger claiming it was ok when asked to smell the burger the manager refused 4 people from my family tried it and all felt it tasted rotten when speaking to the manager he was rude and abrupt point blank refusing to do anything to resolve the situation so in effect I payed £7 for a plate of chips there was no formal complaint proceedure in place and no head office in which to contact all other meals purchased were of standard quality nothing specially and I now have a 3hr drive home with an empty stomach.

2 Thank Danmyamichelle
Yorkshire
“Awful!!! Avoid at all costs!!!”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Thought it was a family pub with decent food in a brewers fayre style.. How wrong could i be!! Limited menu n when we did order my sons pasta had clearly been microwaved with cheese on top and our jacket potato came and almost all the bottom was black almost moldy! I informed waitress, she said she would tell the chef. She returned to tell me that it wasnt mold as the potatos were frozen and it was bruising! The point being?? It should not have been served, however this response indicates they are happy to serve sub standard food!!! Awful, and to top it off we were greeted by the waitress sat on the step having a cigarette! Avoid this place!!

2 Thank GeoffBoycott