Palm Court Hotel
Rivelyn Hotel(Scarborough)
$60
Wrea Head Hall(Scarborough)
$144
Ainsley Court Guest House(Scarborough)(Great Value!)
$59
$51
The Esplanade Hotel(Scarborough)
$103
$98
$172
  • Restaurant
The Crown Spa Hotel(Scarborough)
$558
$74
$90
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsglaisdale suitedining roomswimming poolfree car parkon arrivallovely hotellounge areatown centrehotel restaurantbreakfast servicecooked breakfastfamily roomevening mealkippersvisited scarboroughsome tlcgood nights sleep
Reviewed May 1, 2014

What a gem of a place in Scarborough. I believe the restaurant has rosettes and it well deserved. The food was exceptional and the service was excellent. We went just for a meal as there was an offer on (two meals and house wine for £50). Yes the wine was rough! Maybe worth paying for better quality wine if you were splashing out, but we couldn't fault the amazing three course dinner that we were served. It was imaginative and beautifully presented and we were not kept waiting. We did book (it was a Saturday night) but it wasn't anywhere near full which was a shame because it deserved to be.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Julie R
Palm Court Hote... S, General Manager at Palm Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

Dear Julie R,

Thank you for your review concerning your meal with us here in the restaurant at the Hotel. Our popular "come dine" offer does include a bottle of house wine which I am sorry that it wasnt to your taste.

We are currently reviewing our wine list along with seasonal offerings and ingredients throughout the restairant and lounge. May I take this opportunity to thank you and hope to see you again once again in the future.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

Let's start with the negatives. Well, the bedroom was perhaps a little jaded although it was well equipped and tea/coffee well stocked. The lift is very old and creaky but it worked. OK, got that out of the way. I have to think that some reviewers just got unlucky but ultimately remember this is a three star.

The Hotel looks a good four star from the exterior. The restaurant, bar and lounge areas are beautifully furnished and give a feeling of restrained luxury. The 'snacks/light bites' are exceptional value and very good although alcoholic drinks good be a bit pricey. Breakfast was very good with plenty of choice and food cooked to order. There is parking and ...other reviewers may like to remember that this is the only central Scarborough hotel with free parking rather than go on about the walk etc.

We would most definitely return.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Victordriver
Palm Court Hote... S, General Manager at Palm Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Dear Victordriver,

Thank you for your feedback concerning your experience here at the Hotel. All of your comments will be used to further improve our facilities, staff, service and offerings here at the Hotel. Thank you once again for your complimentary words and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel once again.

Reviewed April 26, 2014

The hotel was lovely the food was good quality and the atmosphere was lovely in the restaurant, very dental for the shops, only down side is the parking, the car is a short stroll away not good when weather bad and have a lot of luggage

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mandy W

Dear Mandy,

Thank you for your recent review of your stay with us here at the Hotel. Thank you for your kind words and compliments concerning the food and atmosphere within the restaurant.

I do apologise however concerning the parking arrangements. The hotel does have a brief drop off point at the entrance whereby guests are issued with a parking permit and portage is offered to all of our guests. As the only hotel in the town centre that can offer this we do believe it offers all guests the secured conveneince and advantage of not paying daily elsewhere.

We do hope to see you once again at the Hotel.

GM

Reviewed April 24, 2014

We stayed over for 1 night and thank the lord it wasn't longer. We booked an executive room with breakfast - price £170.00 per night, now at that price for Scarborough I though it would be alright.I have done many reviews and I don't think I have ever ranked anyone with a "terrible" but I am afraid this one really was terrible.
Arrived at 2.00 ish checked in, went to room room was very poorly decorated (room 10) and the wardrobe was very lop-sidded??the bed was a standard double and the headboard looked very ...greasy and yucky, the bathroom was clean and had a shower curtain. The general standard of the entire room and furnishing are poor and I would say it needs money spending on it. Though it was for 1 night so concluded as long as the heating comes on soon it will do for 1 night. On the way out at 2.30 I informed reception cupboard that the room was freezing, reception says heating was due to come on and would investigate. We returned at 6.30 had a drink in the bar and was served by a very polite member of staff - bar area actually looks ok and was warm. Went up to room at around 7.00 ish and room still freezing - went to reception where almost an argument ensued regarding when the heating would be switched on for guests as it had been warm recently (early -mid April Britain)I was then asked to check my windows were closed as this lets heat out???no really does it? I did not have my windows open it was just that the radiators were not on. Have you fiddled with the radiator knobs I was asked - yes several times I answered - After some time I was told someone would come with a heater. Really nice guy came with the smallest oil heater I have ever seen and would you believe told me the room felt freezing...yes I know, seems he says the heating is/was broken. A good point to note here is that the landing had several oil heaters on and around , I should have clicked!
Long story but room was changed to a room that had no heating on but was between other rooms in the centre of the hotel so was warmer. The room we moved to only had hot water for the bathtub - cold not working so had a very hot bath (after it cooled a bit) to heat me up.
All in all - £170.00 a night and we didnt risk breakfast we went out to breakfast on Scarborough seafront where it was warmer.
BTW Car park is not on-site, its a short walk from the hotel and the pool closes at 6.00pm - why? who knows.

Room Tip: we have stayed at the Crown spa up the road is cheaper and much nicer, go there.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Liz H
Palm Court Hote... S, General Manager at Palm Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2014

Dear Liz ,

Thank you for your comments in regards to your recent stay here at the Hotel. Firstly I must apologise that we did not exceed your requirements during your stay.

Having performed a full investigation from staff on duty, our reception log and internal communications I must say that your very negative review is somewhat misleading. Having looked fully at your room I am afraid that I cannot concur with your comments. The room does have a 5ft double as does our other Executive room. The furniture and furnishings throughout all rooms are sourced without compromise. The heating comes on daily at 3.00pm until 10.00pm and from our reports the heating within your room was turned off.

From your conversation with reception you also were offered and accepted a complimentary upgrade to our Suite from which you promptly returned to thank reception jokingly. Part of our check in procedure is to "checkback" all rooms upon check in for all guests to ask whether all is satisfactory. Nothing was raised on the two occasions you were contacted.

Finally it is a shame that you didn't have breakfast as so many of our guests compliment our selection, offerings and service. If you wish to contact me directly at the Hotel then please do not hesitate to email generalmanager@palmcourt-scarborough.co.uk or call 01723 368161.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

I have stayed in this hotel many times over the last 10 years with both my late Father and my friends. The Staff always remember me. All the Management, Reception, Kitchen, Restaurant Staff and Dave behind the bar always look after me. Very clean. Food excellent. Centrally positioned for shops and beach. Free car park a unique benefit in Scarborough. Excellent free Wi-Fi all over Hotel. Tram ride down to beach 2 minutes walk. Very friendly and will be back very soon. Try it and you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 4th floor and had no problem with any local noise.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank David A

Dear David A,

Thank you indeed for such kind words in relation to your stay with us here again. I am sure that all staff will be delighted with your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back once again at the "best in Scarborough."