“One of the best restaurants in Scarbroroughh”

Saba Thai & Curry Lounge
Ranked #38 of 357 Restaurants in Scarborough
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Scarborough, United Kingdom
“One of the best restaurants in Scarbroroughh”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

MY kids had come to visit us from Brighton and Milton Keynes and after spending a pleasant afternoon in the Palm Court Hotel we decided to go for dinner but had a problem as we wanted both Indian and Thai. The Saba was made to measure. Service was exceptional even though it was packed, great value for money and the food was brilliant. My son-in-law is very particular about his curries but was delighted with his meal was great and my Thai lamb and sticky rice was lovely. Well done Saba, we'll be back.

Derbyshire
“Excellent starters, otherwise nothing special.”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We went here on Bank Holiday Monday evening without booking. There were plenty of tables available. The restaurant offers both Indian and Thai menus which can be mixed if required. We opted for Indian, and on reflection was possibly the wrong choice. The poppadoms and the starters we chose - Onion Bhaji and Mixed Kebab were wonderful, but the main courses- Tikka Masala and Butter Chicken were just about ok. They were both light on the meat and heavy on the sauce, and without the chips, rice and naan bread would have left us empty! The sauces too had a thick consistency which to me was a bit like it had too much flour in it. Having said that it was by no means bad, but having eaten in several Indian restaurants in Scarborough this is not the best. Service was brilliant as was attention to detail, and the atmosphere was nice.

Scotland
“lovely buffet lunch on Sunday”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

we were on a day trip to Scarborough and found this lovely little restaurant offering an all you can eat buffet ( Sundays only) The food was a mixture of Thai and Indian, feshly made, good selection of vegetable, chicken and beef dishes, starters and mains ( no desserts included) at £6.95 it was very good value our drinks - lemonade and coke were decent measures as well. I intend to return in a few weeks and will be going back.

“Proper thaisty!!”
Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

My brother and I decided to pop back to our hometown of Scarborough, to celebrate our mother's birthday and take her out for a nice meal. Unfortunately we decided on a Monday, so many of our initial restaurant selections were closed.

We mulled over our choices and eventually decided on Saba as the menu looked appealing and well priced. On arrival the restaurant was deserted, though we were courteously greeted and shown to a nice table. After browsing the wine list we decided on a bottle of South African pinotage, there was some confusion and the waiter appeared with a Cabernet Sauvignon of the same brand, which we eventually settled on. This mishap lead me to believe that this meal could very well turn out to be disasterous.

The wine turned out to be wonderful and it wasn't long before our starters arrived. I had the lamb spare ribs which were wonderfully crispy on the outside, still pink in the middle and very flavoursome. My brother and mum also thoroughly enjoyed theirs'.

When the mains arrived shortly after we finished our starters, it was simply a feast for the senses. We all ordered sizzling dishes which looked beautiful. My mother order the king prawns, of which there were plenty, which is a rare thing to come by in my opinion. My seafood stir fry was also delicious and plentiful, with plenty of squid, prawns and muscles large enough to sodomise a halibut.

We opted out deserts and instead had liqueur coffees which were delicious and promptly served with a smile as well as complimentary chocolates and Irish cream on ice.

Overall a wonderful experience, great food and service and fantastic value for money. The only complaint was the lack of atmosphere to to a lack of customers, though that is hardly the fault of the restaurant itself. Will definitely be returning whenever I am in town.

Blackpool, United Kingdom
“Not great, not terrible.”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Visited here after hearing good things about the place. I was rather let down. The machine that makes the veggie starters was broken so we all went without starters so the vegetarians in our group wouldn't feel left out. My main was bland and uninteresting, and others in the group complained that some dishes were too salty.

On the plus side, the staff were very attentive and the service was quick. The restaurant was bright, clean and well decorated. There was also lots of veggie options and plenty of choice for everyone else.

1 Thank EmmaLowe_13