“How lovely!”

Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Scarborough, United Kingdom
“How lovely!”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

we went here on a whim and not knowing where to go for tea one evening as we live in scarborough! We went to Saba for Thai, when we got there the restaurant was quiet and they sat us nearer the back, not at the front to make them look busier which was nice. My partner hasnt been here before, but i had and it was just as nice. My partner ordered the Duck Red thai curry with coconut rice and i had the honey 'sizzling; duck which was lovely, both came with side salad which was fresh and not wilted, and the duck was lovely and moist as some places over cook it and its dry :(
is definetly somewhere we will return and go again to and again!!

• Visited February 2013

Liverpool,England
“Excellent Meal”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The Saba is an unusual restaurant which serves Thai and Indian alongside each other. Usually this combination lends itself to mediocre food.However, we cant speak for the Indian but the Thai was very good. Served by very friendly young thai ladies.The ambiance was good and service was efficient.We had 4 starters between my husband and I all of which were very tasty. My seabass in coconut,lemongrass was filleted for me and was excellent. My husband opted for chicken red curry which was also very good, both were decent sized portions. If we were passing through Scarborough again we would pay Saba another visit.

• Visited January 2013
Yorkshire
“Excellent!”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We both had the Indian option, chicken jalfezi and beef madras with sides of rice, chips and naan and I also had a prawn starter which was delicious. And with a 25% discount before 6pm on a Friday or Saturday, the value for money is amazing. I'm not sure how much my two glasses of wine were but it wasn't much! Food was very nice as was the surroundings. Well worth seeking out.

• Visited January 2013
Scarborough, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Scrummy food.”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Fantastic friendly serves, they did a half portion for our 8yr old. We had thai. The food is amazing, I was stuffed but had to finish my meal because it was so scrummy. Will be a place I returned too.

• Visited December 2012
Derby, England
“A superb silver lining to our cloud”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Sunday early evening pre-theatre and we intended to eat at the Grand Hotel overlooking the harbour, only to find it inundated with 4 or 5 coach-loads. We walked into town, discovered Saba and were glad of our 'misfortune'!

The food was excellent and the service was attentive without being overbearing. This meant we had an excellent meal and were still well in time for our theatre booking. We have no hesitation in recommending Saba.

• Visited December 2012