“A good place to go out and eat”
Review of The Cactus

The Cactus
Ranked #238 of 358 Restaurants in Scarborough
Description: Poatcode YO11 1SD
Description: Poatcode YO11 1SD
Scarborough, United Kingdom
“A good place to go out and eat”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

It maybe small and sometimes quiet but when it comes to eating out with my family we don't mind that. apart from that staff and the service was excellent, great food and not bad value on the menu . I'd say it's reasonable, I enjoyed it there it was great.

• Visited February 2012

“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

I have to admit I didn't expect much from this place but going upon my friends recommendation I was very pleasantly surprised. The staff here are very friendly and the prices are very reasonable. Most importantly the food is tasty - the pizzas are delicious and the owner even gave me and my friend a free drink, bonus!
Overall I would recommend this hidden gem for a tasty, affordable meal or takeaway.

Scarborough, United Kingdom
“Best burgers in town”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I have ordered from this place several times and I must say that it does the nicest burgers in Scarborough. I am very fussy when it comes down to meat and won't buy burgers from your average take-away or economy ones from a supermarket. The burgers from the cactus are homemade, meaty and flame grilled and are very reasonably priced. I will be returning on many a more occasion.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank amc84
“Delightfully Deceptive”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

The occasion of our visit to this restaurant was the first on which we had consulted TripAdvisor. We definitely were not disappointed! In answer to the reviewer who claimed that the chips and onion rings were cooked from frozen - well, what did you expect? This Place offers amazing value for money, fantastic service and is truly "family friendly"! On the day we went, they were hosting a child's birthday party! The food is good solid fare, yes, this is mostly burgers and pizza but what burgers and pizza! Such a selection! You would be well advised to go with an appetite!

From the other reviews we had expected very little and were pleasantly surprised! Definitely one for those on a budget and even for those who aren't!

laurenj333
“GOOD BURGERS”
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Me and my boyfriend ordered a meal deal with 2 burgers, garlic bread and drinks for £13. Delivery took about an hour and 20 minutes, quite a while but the driver did apologise and said they'd been busy. It was a Saturday night!
The burgers were defiantly the best takeaway burgers we've had, probably not the best burgers as a standard (obviously paying £10 in a nice restuarnt you expect amazing) a lot better than other takeaways in the area anyway.
The chips were a little over done but nice chunky chips! Garlic bread was a bit plain - remember to ask for tomato, it's probably better.
As a whole was a nice takeaway. Would be even better if it was quicker though!

Visited July 2012