“Relaxed break”

Premier Inn Scarborough Hotel
Ranked #7 of 26 Hotels in Scarborough
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Arrived here for a 1 night stay .. reception staff were very friendly and professional .. room was lovely and very clean bed comfy had a excellent sleep

Me and my partner decided to stay on another night as we still had so much more to see and do .. hotel was fully booked but receptionist went out her way to help us .. was very happy when there was a cancellation .. unfortunately we had to move rooms as other had been taken ..other room we stayed in was a little smaller but still a well presented clean room

Was a lovely stay can't wait to return

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank vickyraine
Write a ReviewReviews (1,348)

Reviewed May 14, 2014

On 06/05/14 around about 22:10 my pregnant fiancee and I arrived at Scarborough premier inn to book and check in, on arrival we were turned away by a female member of staff who said "all the rooms are booked" This confused me as I had checked only 20 minutes before, on the website that there are still vacancies. Unfortunately I wasn't able to book online, as I wanted to pay by cash.

Returning to the car, I tried to convince my partner to try alternative hotels, unfortunately my partner was adamant she only wanted premier inn, as she has had previous good experiences with Premier Inn. Checking on the website again there were still vacancies available, so we followed up with a phone call at 22:40 to the branch and spoke to the lady who had previously turned us away, to our disappointment there were vacancies, we even got the option of double or twin, indicating that there are more than one room free and this left us angry and disheartened, that we had been turned away for no reason at all, we felt penalised for making booking on arrival. This is flawed as I could have stepped outside called her and made a booking and walked back in again, I refuse to do this as she made us feel like second rate citizens, all we wanted was a place to rest.

I decided enough is enough and went for the 2.5 hr journey return home.
Sadly this has dampened our getaway, which my fiancee needed. Myself a new customer to premier inn, and this being my first experience, swiftly created a negative image of the brand and will not be returning to Scarborough any time soon. For our future trips, I will be advising my partner, friends, family and colleagues to use another company

Room Tip: Try another hotel
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kbwarrior
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Scarborough Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

Booked in here Good Friday for one night with my partner. Great room, lovely hotel and the staff are really helpful. Went for a night out in Scarborough and the hotel is within walking distance of the centre. Highly recommended and would certainly stay here again.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Daveygrohl
Reviewed May 12, 2014

What I like about Premier Inn hotels is that they leave you alone yet give you all the information you need. The rooms are pretty standard but always spotlessly clean with comfortable beds. I always look out for the promotional deals. Just wish there were more locations available.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Jellyonaplate
Reviewed May 9, 2014

Stayed for two nights mid-week.

Efficient, and pleasant check in.

We were in room 127, found that there was a bit of noise from the room above (walking around type noise) but it wasn't really bad enough to complain about.

That room had very poor mobile phone coverage, and I think this is probably due to it's proximity to the public library next door (nice view of the books out of the room window !).

We didn't eat at the ajoining Brewers fayre due to bad reviews on here and distinct lack of vegetarian options on the menu.

Pre-arrival communication about parking was very good and very useful.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank ghambleton
Reviewed May 8, 2014

My wife and I stayed for one night only. On arrival the receptionist was extremely pleasant and the check in process was quick and easy. Our room was spacious, warm and spotlessly clean. Similarly, the bathroom was well designed and again spotlessly clean. Breakfast was taken in the adjacent Brewers Fayre and was very enjoyable. The location of the hotel is ideal because it is only a short stroll from both the shops and the seafront. We would definitely recommend the Premier Inn to potential visitors.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Norman M
Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

Went this bank holiday to find that they were trying to rip people of rooms were £111.00 pounds a night we priced over the road in palm court a nice plush hotel with full breakfast £100.00 pounds a night worth getting prices first

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank danielrooke
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Scarborough Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2014

Many thanks for your review. At Premier Inn we endeavour to offer the best value quality stay and we consistently monitor our rates to ensure we are competitively priced, your feedback is very much appreciated and please be assured that your comments have been passed on to our Marketing Team. Thank you once again for taking the time to contact us.