“A Very Pleasant Stay”

Ranked #7 of 28 Hotels in Scarborough
Huddersfield
“A Very Pleasant Stay”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

I stayed here with my husband and 12 year old son who was competing in a local swimming gala on 7/3/14 , overall it was a very pleasant stay.

The hotel is quite centrally located so good for access to the centre etc (and not far to the sea front), the downside is that there is no parking, we arrived after 6pm and street parking is free 6pm - 9am (if you can find a space nearby) there are however plenty of car parks nearby.

Check in was fast, efficient and as usual incredibly helpful and friendly - Premier Inn staff are always so nice in my experience !

Our room was of a good size with a lovely large and comfy bed, a large bathroom and everything else that we required for a comfortable stay. Everything was spotlessly clean and there was an ample supply of tea/coffee/milk etc. The hotel was very quiet, the only noise I heard was the seabirds briefly the next morning !

We went for breakfast first thing the next morning as my son needed to be at the pool before 8 am. The staff were excellent and very helpful. Lots of choice breakfast wise, it looked good and was well cooked - it could however have been hotter (we were rushing so did not mention this to staff)

Overall I would highly recommend and I personally would definitely stay again. Only slight downside was parking - to be fair I think few places in Scarborough have good onsite parking, and the brekkie not being as hot as we would have liked - that is easily rectified though.

Premier Inn's do take a lot of beating, we stay reasonably regularly at various places and in various types of establishment due to swimming and dance comps and generally they are the first site I look at for accommodation.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Ella S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 1, 2014

I have been to this premier Inn about 7 times before and love it here normally. This time I was disappointed as with 5 kids and not been allowed to check in until 445! As room wasn't ready, then to top it off the very rude manger in the pub underneath refused to book us a table, being stuck with no where to eat!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Lisastones
Halifax
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I brought my Mum here for Mothers Day weekend and wish I'd booked somewhere else. We usually stay at The Green Gables (a much better hotel).
The hotel is obviously quite new but we weren't impressed. There is no parking available so you need to pay for an NCP (which the hotel do not discount).
Check in was interesting, we could barely understand the language of the Receptionist.
We were put in the furthest away room possible on the 1st floor. The worst view from the window (a brick wall 4ft away!), and a herd of elephants upstairs (possible poor sound proofing or noisy people). Was woken up at 7am by people banging about upstairs.
The hotel was busy with a lot of kids/teenagers for a dance show, but by the time we came down for breakfast it looked like it had been ransacked. No cups or glasses for drinks so had to wait for those. The food was delicious - no complaints about that, and the manager Jamie was extremely friendly, helpful and courteous - a true professional.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Hosprky
saltburn
Reviewed March 29, 2014

My wife and I stayed here earlier this month. This is a very new establishment and is perfectly situated in the centre of Scarborough and although there is no on site car parking there are nearby public car parks. The hotel rooms as you can expect with Premier Inns are spotless and the hotel staff were brilliant and just couldnt do enough for us to ensure our stay went without a hitch. However the adjacent Brewers Fayre restaurant was very much a let down. It was cold, we had to eat wearing outdoor clothing, and the food very poor. We have previously stayed at various Premier Inns with Brewers Fayre restaurants and found them to be most satisfactory. On this occasion I complained that although most of the meal was satisfactory the accompanying chips were inedible. The reply astounded me! I was told that there was nothing they could do about it!!!! We ate at various restaurants in the town for the rest of our stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mechanicSaltburn
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights for a weekend away for my mums birthday. We were allocated room 124 which was lovely and clean.

The staff were really friendly they even left my mum a birthday card in her room on arrival which she was not expecting. Really nice touch.

Have stayed in this hotel twice now and will defiantly return as the location is brilliant near to shops, bars and restaurants and a stones throw away from the sea front.

Thanks again for a great weekend.

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Dancinggirl86
Cleveland England
Reviewed March 19, 2014

the service was good bfast excellent not so evening meal poor for the priced dsid not spoil our time there
went for my bday was worried about parking could not have been easier straight opposite even it was £10-00 for 24 hrs

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 19, 2014

As usual Premier Inn up to their excellant standard.The staff are brilliant and so friendly,not5hing is ever to much trouble for themHaving never been to Scarborough before was suprised how nice it is,The hotel is very close to the seafrot,the only drawback is it is quite a climb down,(and up)but there is a tram that operated both up and down,but it was closed when I was there,guess it was out of season,but I actually enjoyed the walk.We had the evening meal and the breakfast at the hotel,both meals were great,and if you have the evening meal,you get breakfast free.The hotel has no parking,but there is a car park park right opposite,so no problem,what so ever.I would recommend Premier Inn to anyone,no matter where they are,I have never had any compaints and have stayed at so many throughout the country,in fact I would never stay anywhere else.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends