“I love my stay at crown hotel it very high class”

The Crown Spa Hotel
Ranked #6 of 26 Hotels in Scarborough
Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

I just had most Lovely stay at crown I have been to crown before but it just got much better my seven day stay wost fabulous then yes will come back did like to stay at royal hotel but not no more it just a dup then it big let down scabough then I love crown the hotel moment walk vip treatment can so say that food fist class then much nice get served with very very class cooked berkfast yes will coming it nice well maintained you keep the hotel big take you all the staff for making my holiday so nice then from miss victoria Jane twibell x

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank twibell109
crownspahotel, Customer Services. at The Crown Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2014

May I firstly thank you for writing a positive review.

We are pleased that you have enjoyed your recent stay with us. I shall pass your kind comments on to the rest of the staff and management at The Crown Spa Hotel. As a valued guest with us you are our number one priority and we wish to make your experience as enjoyable as possible.

May I recommend booking through the direct website or over the telephone as you can benefit from the advantage offer. This includes unlimited wifi, a noon check out, 10% discount from your food and more. May I also suggest viewing our spa treatment menu, the therapists are first class with years of experience. The therapists will make the minute you walk in, to the minute you walk out, a stress free experience that will make you never want to leave.

Thank you again for taking the time to leave feedback, it is important to us and shall be used to improve the hotel for future guests.

Cherry Knaggs-Shaw / Customer Services.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,962)

Reviewed July 28, 2014

This place ooozes class.... the overall feel of the place is fantastic.

The staff are 2nd to none I've encountered before......I made on error with my booking......they couldnt have been more helpful and accommodating and even found a room upgrade !!

The location and feel of the place is fantastic, we only stayed the one night but tghat was enough for this place to get our custom again and I'm sure again!

A great breakfast to set us in our way..... A yorkshireman in yorkshire.....NOWT BETTER!

2  Thank Muzworker

May I firstly thank you for writing a positive.

We are pleased that you and your partner have enjoyed your recent stay with us. I shall pass your kind comments on to the rest of the staff and management at The Crown Spa Hotel. We are also pleased that on this occasion you had received a complimentary upgrade, however, I would always recommend booking a Sea View room. The View across the harbour is beautiful and you may even catch the sun rising above the horizon ahead, with the addition of a telescope to explore the view further.

We do hope that you return to the hotel as we would look forward to giving you a warm Yorkshire welcome! May I advise booking through the direct website or over the telephone as you can benefit from the advantage offer which includes unlimited wifi, a noon check out, 10% discount from your food and more. May I also suggest viewing our spa and romance packages, which are extremely popular and ensure that your experience is made extra special.

Reviewed July 26, 2014

We have just returned from a 2 night stay at the Crown Spa hotel with my husband and 7 month old baby. The hotel has a lovely frontage and sea views from front. Parking proved a problem but the porter was most helpful with all our bags ( can't travel light with a baby) to our room. Check in was fine, staff were very help given a free 12pm check out. Our room was very modern on the 5 the floor although very warm throughout the 2nights. There was a fridge which was very useful. Cleanliness proved poor in the room, appeared to never been dusted for some time, mirrors and glass dirty. The windows sills were also dirty and the bathroom was greasy and and I thought this would be standard housekeeping and surely a room would be dusted after the person has left.
Staff were very nice and accommodating with us and our baby especially with the pram. Breakfast was good, certainly enough for us to choose from. Dinner was ok not really wow factor, the menu options were very fancy.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Dawn123_11
crownspahotel, Manager at The Crown Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2014

May I first of all say thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am always disappointed when any of our customers are not happy with any aspect of their stay. The housekeeping department do have all rooms inspected and all rooms are called on the day of arrival with a satisfaction check so any issues that may arise can be resolved.

Once again thank you for taking the time to leave a review as we do read and respond to all reviews and use them to improve the experience for future guests.

Kind Regards

David Chambers Operations Manager

Reviewed July 26, 2014

We loved our stay at this hotel. The room was very comfortable. The furnishings were both tasteful and thoughtful (TV over the bath was a first for us!). Food was also excellent. The spa offers excellent facilities and great treatments. But the stand out feature is definitely the staff who were friendly, welcoming and helpful. From the minute we arrived until stepping into the taxi home we felt genuinely valued as clients and nothing seemed too much trouble. A truly delightful stay

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
crownspahotel, Customer Services. at The Crown Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2014

May I firstly thank you for writing a positive review.

We are pleased that you and your partner have enjoyed your recent stay with us. When you are a guest with us, you absolutely are our number one priority and we would like to make your experience as enjoyable as possible. I shall pass your kind comments onto the rest of the staff and management at The Crown Spa Hotel.

We do hope that you return as we would look forward to welcoming you back. May I recommend booking through our direct website or over the telephone as you can benefit from the advantage offer. This includes 10% discount from your food, treatments, laundry and more.

Reviewed July 25, 2014

Fantastic location,fantastic hotel and staff,food at breakfast,tapas and restaurant wonderful. Spa and pool area perfect. Stayed in 502 lovely room stunning views. Can't wait to go there again,would like to thank all the staff for their warmth,friendliness and professionalism. Even the weather was good!!!!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank toby247

May I firstly thank you for writing a positive review.

We are pleased that you have enjoyed your recent stay with us. I shall pass your kind comments on to the rest of the staff and management at The Crown Spa Hotel. Room 502 is an Executive room with a Sea View, including a television over the bath and a wonderful contemporary style. I am pleased that the weather was good for your stay, however if in future it is not on your side, remember you receive full use of the award winning health spa, which is the perfect escape from any bad weather.

We do hope that you return to the hotel as we would look forward to welcoming you back. May I advise booking through the direct website or over the telephone as you can benefit from the advantage package. This includes unlimited wifi, a noon check out, 10% discount from your food and more.

Cherry Knaggs-Shaw / Customer Services

Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

Nice lounge, happy friendly bar staff. Good bar menu. With Tapas but after a while could do with a change of items. Meals in the restaurant excellent. Only criticism is that Tea is served in thick coffee mug but in a china cup if you have afternoon tea. Wine is rather on the expensive side. Swings outside are great fun for relaxing with a bar snack and a glass of wine with a great view. Overall well worth a visit.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
crownspahotel, Customer Services. at The Crown Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2014

May I firstly thank you for writing a positive review.

We are pleased that you and your partner have enjoyed your recent stay with us. I shall pass your kind comments onto the rest of the staff and management at The Crown Spa Hotel. When you are a guest with us you also receive full use of the award winning health spa and gymnasium. Indulge in a leisurely swim, followed by the delights of the large spa tub, pool, sauna, steam room, foot baths and retreat lounge where you can relax on a lounger, read todays paper and lull yourself into deep relaxation. May I recommend pre-booking any spa treatments as the therapists are extremely popular.

We do hope that you return to the hotel as we would look forward to welcoming you back. May I advise booking through our direct website or over the telephone as you can benefit from the advantage offer which includes many added benefits.

Thank you again for taking the time to leave feedback, it is of great importance to us and shall be used to improve the hotel for future guests.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

Premium room but taps and mirrors were not polished, iron was very basic (no steam), no full length mirror, no green tea or biscuits on tea tray. These are all normal requirements of a 4star hotel. Lovely sea view and quiet and peaceful area. Staff pleasant.
Continental breakfast was definitely not 4star quality! milk on the table was "off", no fresh fruit salad, ran out of fresh bread to slice at 9:30, dry looking ham. Rather a disappointment.

Room Tip: Upgrade to deluxe room with sea view and go out for breakfast.