“Lovely hotel, great staff, needs a bit of polish....”

The Crown Spa Hotel
Ranked #6 of 26 Hotels in Scarborough
Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for a night in June 2014. Paid over the odds but it was a treat. Upgraded to a 'suite'-lovely but not very big and certainly stayed in hotels where ordinary rooms were comparable. Overpriced really.

All that said, room was spotless. It was rather warm but there was a ceiling fan (no aircon). Little touches that would have added-complimentary water, maybe a few biscuits on the guest tray and a stocked mini-bar?

Staff were excellent-very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was very impressive indeed. Smoked Whitby haddock and poached egg were gorgeous.

Overall, a lovely stay if a bit pricey. Would definitely go back though (but try to get a deal!).

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
crownspahotel, Customer Services. at The Crown Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

May I firstly thank you for writing a positive review.

We are pleased that you and your partner have enjoyed your recent stay with us. We do hope that you return and would look forward to welcoming you back. May I suggest booking through our direct website or over the telephone, here you can benefit from the advantage offer which includes unlimited wifi, a late checkout time, 10% discount from your food and more.

I shall pass your kind comments on to the rest of the staff and management at The Crown Spa Hotel. Please ensure to make reception aware of any issues at the time of your stay so that we are able to resolve with immediate effect. As a valued customer you are our number one priority and we wish to make your experience as enjoyable as possible. May I also advise that we offer 24 hour room service to hotel guests on cold food, drinks and alcohol.

Thank you again for taking the time to leave feedback, it is important to us and shall be used to improve the hotel for future guests.

With kind Regards,
Cherry Knaggs-Shaw / Customer Services.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,962)

Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

Room was ok........ son had a pull out sofa to sleep on. Not fridge which i thought would be standard for family room. Had to ask for one. I got a dirty smelly mini fridge which didnt work which isnt good for a 2 night stay with a 2 year old who still drinks a lot of milk. Food in resturant was amazing and breakfast great.
Car psrk not the best.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
crownspahotel, Manager at The Crown Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2014

May I first of all say thank you for taking the time to leave a review which has both positive and negative comments. I am extremely disappointed that the fridge that was delivered to your room was not working, I have since asked the maintenance team to check that all fridges are working correctly and that the cleaning schedule is adhered to.

I do hope that you can put these issues behind and will return to the Crown as nothing pleases us more than seeing a customer return.

I will pass on your comments to both staff and management so that a reoccurrence of these issues do not arise for future guests.

Kind Regards

David Chambers Operations Manager.

Reviewed June 14, 2014

We stayed here for our Wedding Anniversary on the weekend 6-8th June and booked a 1st floor room with sea views. the room & bathroom where very spacious & very lovely & Clean & the large balcony with Telescope & seating for 4 was excellent.
The king size bed very nice & comfy.
We did have a problem with the shower not working but after reporting it to reception they sent someone up to fix it straight away.
All the staff from checking in to leaving where very nice & very professional and there was even an anniversary card & chocolates in our room on arrival.
We really enjoyed our stay & we will be back again.

1  Thank Philip A

May I firstly thank you for writing a positive review.

We are pleased that you and your partner have enjoyed your recent stay with us. I shall pass your kind comments on to the rest of the staff and management at The Crown Spa Hotel. We do hope that you return and would look forward to welcoming you back. As a valued customer you are our absolute number one priority and we wish to make your experience as enjoyable as possible.

May I recommend booking through the direct website or over the telephone as you can benefit from the advantage offer which includes unlimited wi fi, a later checkout time, 10% discount from your food and more. You have recently stayed in a Feature Deluxe Sea View and Balcony room which offers stunning views over the wonderful south bay, full length French windows and a telescope in the room. You are also able to enjoy Continental breakfast on the balcony which is the perfect start to a good day!

Thank you again for taking time to leave feedback, it is important to us and shall be used to improve the hotel for future guests.

With Kind Regards,
Cherry Knaggs-Shaw / Customer Service.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

If staying here, I do advise paying the extra for the sea-view. I didn't want chance looking out onto a painted wall and so did this myself. The rooms were fantastic and the best night's sleep I have had in years.

The service and staff were top rate and I couldn't grumble about a thing!

Room Tip: Sea-view upgrade!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
crownspahotel, Customer Services. at The Crown Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2014

May I firstly thank you for writing a positive review.

We are pleased that you and your partner have enjoyed your recent stay with us. We do hope that you return and would look forward to welcoming you back. May I recommend booking through our direct website or over the telephone as you can benefit from the advantage offer, this includes unlimited wfi, a noon checkout time, 10% discount from your food and more.

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback, it is important to us and shall be used to improve the hotel for future guests. May I also suggest viewing the spa treatments and packages which ensure that your experience is made extra special.

With Kind Regards,
Cherry Knaggs-Shaw / Customer Services.

Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel on sunday 8th june and upon checking in we had been upgraded to a sea view room the view was spectacular and we had a telescope in the room. The room was modern clean and spacious. The bathroom was wonderful with mood lighting and a waterfall tap on the bath. The staff were warm welcoming and friendly. The spa was great. Although only half the jets on sauna were operating. But all in all a wonderful stay and I would definitely stay again.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gillian P

May I firstly thank you for writing a positive review.

We are pleased that you and your partner have enjoyed your recent stay with us. We do hope that you return as we would look forward to welcoming you back. It is wonderful that on this occasion you received a complimentary upgrade, however I always recommend booking a sea view room as the views that surround us are simple stunning. May I also recommend viewing our Spa and Romance packages which include many added benefits and ensure that your experience is extra special.

I shall pass your kind comments onto the rest of the staff and management at The Crown Spa Hotel. If there are any issues during the time of your stay please do inform reception so that we are able to resolve the issue with immediate effect. May I also suggest booking direct over the telephone or website as you can benefit from the advantage offer.

Thank you again for taking the time to leave feedback, it is of great importance to us and shall be used to improve the hotel for future guests.

Cherry Knaggs-Shaw / Customer Service

Reviewed June 10, 2014

Stayed here for our 30th Anniversary night.We booked a room on the 5th floor with sea views to die for. Two large windows.Two comfy chairs which could be placed near the window to see right down the coast.The king sized bed was very comfortable and everything was very clean.The furnishings were contemporary and stylish.There was an iron and ironing board,a very decent hair dryer, a fridge,large tv and nice hospitality tray.The weather was warm but there was a lovely big romote controlled ceiling fan.The lighting in both bedroom and bathroom was excellent, and the coloured mood lighting was a romantic touch,especially in the bathroom which had a lovely big bath with central tap and tv on the wall.
All the rooms we saw were really nice and clean. We didn't use the restaurant and didn't have time to use the Spa, which we could have used from 11am the day we booked in, so we will just have to go back and do it all again.
All in all we had a great experience at the Crown Spa, so thankyou to the friendly and efficient staff and we look forward to another visit soon.

Room Tip: Executive room on 5th floor with sea view.Had wanted a balcony really but were pleased we booked thi...
1  Thank PollyannaEngland
crownspahotel, Manager at The Crown Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

May I first of all say congratulations on 30 years of marriage and hope that you have many more happy years to follow.

I am delighted that you have had an enjoyable stay and found everything to your satisfaction, it is always satisfying when any customer points out that all of the hard work we put into the hotel is noticed.

I will pass on your positive comments to both staff and management who I know will be delighted that we have another satisfied customer. I do hope that either a future anniversary or trip to Scarborough will bring you back to the Crown as nothing pleases us more than seeing a guest return.

Once again thank you for taking time to leave feedback as we do read and respond to all reviews and use them to help us improve the hotel for future guests.

David Chambers Operations Manager

Reviewed June 9, 2014

We stopped for the weekend, found the hotel staff very welcoming and helpful, the hotel itself is well kept on the parts we saw with large bedrooms, we booked a romance break and found the excellent with lovely sea views and a balcony to enjoy our breakfast on, the food was excellent and surprisingly not too expensive.

1  Thank trjohn
crownspahotel, Manager at The Crown Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review. I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay and that you found the hotel and staff to be welcoming. Nothing pleases myself and the staff more than when a guest leaves the hotel having had a wonderful stay.

I will pass on your comments to both the staff and management who I know will be delighted that we once again have another satisfied customer. I do hope that a future visit to Scarborough will bring you back to the Crown as nothing pleases us more than seeing a guest return.

David Chambers Operations Manager