“Wouldnt stay anywhere else, Crown Spa is Lovely!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Crown Spa Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
The Crown Spa Hotel
Ranked #6 of 28 Hotels in Scarborough
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Wouldnt stay anywhere else, Crown Spa is Lovely!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014

Myself and my partner come to scarborough quite alot for a weekend or night away. We have never stayed at the crown spa but love the esplanade area so we decided to give it a go.
All I can say is, we will never be staying anywhere else, the crown spa is the best hotel in Scarborough! The service at the reception is top notch customer service, always there for any queries and very helpful, polite etc.

The room we got was the Comfort King Room and we was amazed how good it really was for the price, top quality value! The spa facilities were one of the best we both been in as well, which made us want to write such a good review as the whole value for the hotel is brilliant.

When we come to Scarborough again we will definately be staying here, and may stay for the weekend and dine with them too.

Also we was a little bit put off by the bad reviews before our stay, but wish we hadnt been put off because we had nothing at all to complain about!

Room Tip: Book a sea view, make it that bit more romantic!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
crownspahotel, Customer Services. at The Crown Spa Hotel, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review.

We are pleased that you have enjoyed your recent stay with us and also that you found the stay of good value for your money.

Our location is fantastic, being only moments away from the sea front, a five minute walk from the town centre and train station, surrounded by lovely walking routes and scenery.

We do hope you return to the hotel and would look forward to welcoming you back. I am pleased the negative comments did not put you off staying, we do take all reviews into great consideration and use them to improve the hotel for our future guests.

I shall pass your kind comments on to the rest of the staff and management at The Crown Spa Hotel.

Once again thank you for taking time to leave feedback, we do hope to see you again soon.

Kind Regards,

Cherry Knaggs-Shaw / Customer Services.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (733)
  • Polish first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014

This stay on 5th jan 2014 was a treat for us, on arrival we went to our room took us a while to figure out the card controlled the electric , the reception staff "Kristyn" I believe was very pleasant, sadly the bathroom was dirty, long black hairs in the bath , water ans soap scum marks on the taps, shower and all steal fittings, the tap was hanging off the wall, the fridge didn't work, cups were dirty and the bedside lamps were thick with dust it was such a shame, I filled in the slip for comments "dear David" had no response and also replied to an email I'm sure this was an isolated incident and we were unlucky nevertheless we weren't acknowledged . As I say such a shame I'm sure if we ever get the opportunity to revisit we won't be so unlucky.

Room Tip: All rooms are lovely just check the bathroom before your reception check call
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
crownspahotel, Manager at The Crown Spa Hotel, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. As always I am disappointed when a customer is unhappy with any aspect of the room we provide. I have looked at the hotel reception log for the 5th and 6th and can see no details of the issues mentioned in this review, we do call all customers within 30 minutes of arrival with a satisfaction check in case there are any issues that may have been overlooked. When we have the opportunity to put any issues right we do our utmost to do this as quickly as possible but I feel on this occasion we were not offered the opportunity to resolve the issues, I also agree that this was an isolated case and that many reviews do comment on the high standard of cleanliness in the hotel.

Once again thank you for taking the time to write a review as we do read and respond to all reviews and use them to better our product for future guests.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

The hotel and location are beautiful, on the whole the staff are good although some years it's been a bit hit and miss. We stay in a penthouse/executive room every February when we visit which is just lovely, it has a telescope looking out to sea, a TV over the bath and mood-lighting in the bathroom. Over the years we've stayed in different hotels in Scarborough but none of them are anywhere near up to the standard of this one. It would be nice if loyalty/returning customers could be rewarded though as although we stay every year for my birthday (I used to live in Scarborough) we always have to pay full price for our room and are never offered an upgrade, I don't know how the other reviewers manage it, should we just ask?

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
crownspahotel, Manager at The Crown Spa Hotel, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave a mostly positive review although it has left me a little confused. When possible we do always try to upgrade regular visitors but if a guest books a room of a higher standard then there are times there isn’t a category of room to upgrade them to.

I do hope that you have booked for your birthday this year and mentioned this at the time of booking, once again thank to for taking the time to leave a review as we do read and respond to all reviews to enable us to improve our service for future guests.

Kind regards

Sheffield, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

What a beautiful hotel with stunning views just such a shame the service in the restaurant was appalling both at breakfast time and dinner. We had to ask the waiter to remove cereal bowls from our table before they could put cooked breakfast down. We also had to ask for coffee about three times before we actually received any. Such a quality hotel are being let down possibly by untrained waiting staff,they weren't even polite.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jayne W
May I first of all say how disappointed I am that your stay was a disappointing one. I do hope that you took the time to bring the issues you had to the attention of the management team who I know would have amended the issues immediately.

We do ask in our welcome letter that any issues that may occur be brought to the attention of the management so that we have the opportunity to resolve them. I do feel that this must have been an isolated case as our reviews on this site and others show that the normal standard of service is excellent.

Once again my apologies and thank to for taking the time to leave a review as we do read and respond to all reviews to enable us to improve our service for future guests.

Kind regards

Manchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

I stayed a couple of nights at the crown spa with my wife and 16month old child to get over the stress of having entertained relatives for a fortnight over Xmas.

The hotel was great, our room was lovely, great sea view, comfortable and quiet.
The staff were all very friendly, and it was everything we wanted location wise.

I do have two faults to find though.
1. My wife couldn't have any spa treatments as all their time slots were booked out - for the whole 48 hours we were there. (why go to a spa hotel if you cant have any spa treatments ?)
2. The restaurant staff didn't want to seat us on Saturday night for a meal at 6pm !! saying that they were fully booked!! When they did finally seat us, we found ourselves in a restaurant with only 1 other table occupied. Sitting at this table was another family with small children.
No other diners came in all evening. Maybe the main restaurant was full and they put us in a side room ? maybe they don't like kids ? maybe they don't like work - none of the waiting staff seemed to be very busy - so who knows. It didn't really bother us that much, but is worth noting here for other people who travel with small children.

Other than these two small moans - we really enjoyed staying at the crown spa and would go there again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
crownspahotel, Manager at The Crown Spa Hotel, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a mostly positive review. As a spa hotel we are extremely busy and do request that all customers do make reservations for treatments before they arrive as on the day is often full unless we have had a cancellation.

I am not sure if you are aware but the restaurant is split into four levels, taste 1,2,3 and 4 and bookings had already been taken for other areas and no seating times were available at 6 as requested.

I do hope that you have now recovered from what seems like an extremely busy Christmas and that your break at the Crown has helped recharge your batteries.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

stayed for 5 day christmas break had a lovely time lovely sea view room only complaint my wife broke her tooth on one of the starters of pigeon the lead pellet was still in the pigeon i think it should be mentioned on the menu before ordering i mentioned this to the staff ps it cost my wife £100 .00 to replace the crown

Room Tip: have a room with a sea view
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write a mostly positive review I am extremely sorry that the shot in the pigeon has caused damage to your wives tooth, we do have a note at the bottom of our main menu but on the menu used over Christmas this was unfortunately omitted. If you would like to discuss this further please call the hotel and ask to speak to me personally.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

Having been to the Crown 5 times in the last 4 years , including our honeymoon , I really looked forward to our xmas vacation again . Obviously I love the hotel and the staff are great so I decided to book 2 rooms for me and the wife and some close relations .

Now given we had been in sea view before I went for the "superior sea view " this time and an average room for our relations . We were so disappointed with our room . Yes you had a sea view but the tv could only be seen properly from 25% of the room ( it needs to swivel ) . There was no tv in the bathroom which is commonplace in most rooms that are far less expensive . Also our relations had a "walk in " wardrobe and ours was just "bog standard".

I paid approx. £200 more for this room compared to what I paid for our relations for a 4day stay . Its not about money really but getting value for money .
I raised my concerns at "checkout" and I've been in touch with the hotel as well .

Love the hotel but steer clear of room 308 - Its not good value in my opinion

Room Tip: Try and see the room you are booking
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write a mostly positive review. I am always disappointed when any of our customers are disappointed and it appears that on this occasion this was the case. I have looked on our property management system and can see that your guests were in room 125 this is one of four rooms that has an outlook onto some adjoining properties which were never great views so we renovated these rooms so that they were in the style of the executive rooms and had the added feature of a television in the bathroom, 30 of our 115 rooms have televisions in the bathroom and prices do vary.

I do hope that you will return in the future and point out the room that you would prefer. Once again thank you for taking the time to leave feedback, we do read all reviews and respond and use the information to help us improve the hotel for future guests.