5,166 results
All reviewsmood lightingsea viewice roomceiling fanfeature roomcontinental breakfastlovely hotelsteam roomon arrivalfree upgradeleisure facilitiesexecutive roomstreet parkingshort breakfull englishtop floorlovely room
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We were recommended to the Crown Spa by a friend who has similar health problems to me, and it was a lovely relaxing break for my wife and myself. Room a little small, but everything was as described, and the pool and spa were a pleasant diversion on a wet Saturday!

Room Tip: Choose a seaview room if you can pay the extra!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
crownspahotel, Manager at The Crown Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a lovely review, I do hope that your health has improved and that your stay at the Crown has helped. The spa is a wonderful place to spend a cold winters day and could have you believe it was the middle of summer outside.

I will pass on your positive comments to all of the staff and management who will be delighted that we have another satisfied customer.

Once again thank you for taking the time to leave a review as we do respond to all feedback and use it to improve the experience for future guests.

David Chambers / Operations Manager

Reviewed November 17, 2013

We booked the executive king room for two nights and we were certainly not disappointed. The room was beautifully designed and very clean and comfortable.
The hotel is in a commanding position within walking distance of the town although the spa facilities, bar, restaurant meant you didn't have to leave the comfort of the hotel if you really didn't want to. We would recommend this hotel to others and would stay here again if ever in Scarborough again.

Room Tip: The executive king room was lovely, from the TV in the bathroom to the mini fridge in the seated area and the very comfortable king size bed, we would recommend paying the extra to enjoy the luxurious facilities we enjoyed
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review, I am delighted that you have had an enjoyable stay and do hope that it isn’t too long before you return to Scarborough and the Crown as nothing pleases us more than a returning guest. I do agree that we have everything in the hotel for a relaxing stay but there are some wonderful gentle walks with amazing views just outside the front door.

David Chambers / Operations Manager

Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

We had a lovely stay here. The hotel was gorgeous, the room was outstanding, we had an executive sea view - it had a beautiful bathroom,tv in the bath and a telescope to view the sea and boats!! The staff were exceptional, the bar guys and girl were really nice and friendly - they made a great strawberry daquiri! The reception staff were excellent - in particular Cherry who was amazing with us - we came all the way from London and she made us feel really special and welcome, and even gave us a courtesy call to check the room was fine - thank you Cherry! This hotel was by far the nicest we have stayed in on the Yorkshire coast - perfect for a weekend break - definitely would return and recommend!!

• Stayed: November 2013
crownspahotel, Manager at The Crown Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2013

May I first of all say thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review. I am delighted that you received a warm Yorkshire welcome from the staff and that Cherry as usual was pleased to assist in any way she could, she is an extremely popular with her colleagues and customers alike.

I do hope that a further visit to the Yorkshire coast will bring you back to Scarborough and the Crown as nothing pleases us more than a returning guest.

I will pass on your positive comments to both staff and management that we once again have another satisfied customer.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

Ended up staying at the crown spa by accident really. Our original hotel had overbooked us and the alternative they offered was not acceptable. We thought that the Crown Spa was great. The room we had was small but comfortable, clean and modern. We used the pool and gym every day and found the staff and facilities to be first rate.
My highlight of the day was breakfast. I thought that there was a lot of choice on the menu and on the buffet and that all the food was fresh and well presented. I really enjoyed the 'full English' and found that I didn't need to eat again until the evening. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would be happy to stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

May I first of all say thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review. I am delighted that this accident ended up being a positive experience. We do have a large variety of products on our breakfast menu which normally satisfies the needs of most customers.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

My family have been frequent visitors to the Crown Spa over the last 4 years as my daughter got married there 3 years ago. Wow what a wonderful wedding. The hotel did us proud. As regards our many stays at the Crown Spa i can only say they get better. We are always made to feel welcome by the staff and the many times we have eaten at the hotel the meals have always been brilliant, hence i was concerned to read the review "poor poor breakfast" from another guest. As far as i am aware most 4 star hotels have a toaster for their guests to use at breakfast, the Crown Spa is know different. If you use a hotel abroad you always make your own toast so what is the problem. I prefer this as you can determine if you want it hot or cold!!! rather than it served to you cold. I love this hotel, we will be back in a couple of weeks to use the toaster!!!!

1  Thank julieEpworth

May I first of all say thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review and thank you for the defence over the earlier review, I am 100% behind what you have written and agree fully unfortunately I have to remember the old saying that you can’t always please every customer. We pride ourselves with the hotel its staff and the service we provide and always ask that any issues are brought to our attention during your stay.

I do hope that when you visit Scarborough you continue returning to the Crown as nothing pleases us more than a returning guest.