5,168 results
All reviewsmood lightingsea viewice roomceiling fanfeature roomcontinental breakfastlovely hotelsteam roomon arrivalfree upgradeleisure facilitiesexecutive roomstreet parkingshort breakfull englishtop floorlovely room
Reviewed November 7, 2013

We need accommodation that is wheelchair accessible and has wheel-in/flat access shower. The Crown Spa was perfect for our needs. The staff were very helpful and provided all the bathroom aids we needed for a successful stay. Pity we couldn't use the bath - it looked amazing with the mood lighting. The hotel was lovely and clean and again the staff helped with our luggage. Lifts good enough size for the wheelchair, The room was comfortable and food delicious and again staff attentive to our needs.
Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
crownspahotel, Manager at The Crown Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2013

May I first of all say thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review. I am delighted that the room and facilities were to a standard that enabled you to have an enjoyable stay.

I do hope that when you visit Scarborough you continue returning to the Crown as nothing pleases us more than a returning guest.

I will pass on your positive comments to both staff and management that we once again have another satisfied customer.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our long weekend at the Crown Spa. All the staff were friendly, helpful and efficient. The room was spacious, well appointed, quiet, with excellent views and comfy beds. The food and service were excellent. Scarborough is a lovely city, we will be going back to this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 5, 2013

Check in was quick and easy with helpful polite staff, even though it was quite busy when we arrived (Friday evening). The room was spotless and a great size (we stayed in an executive room on top floor) which was complete with tv in the bathroom waterfall style tap in bath and a double ended bath, big enough for two, lounge area, telescope and coffee making facilities oh ... And a room mascot a crown spa teddy taking centre place on are bed upon arrival! The bed was comfy and a good size however the layout could be improved for example due to the size of the room the bed was on the other end of the room from the tv and the tv was too small for the distance. I have better than 20:20 vision and even I struggled to read the txt on the screen from that distance when laying in bed. This meant you couldn't really watch tv in bed however this is a very minor negative barley worth mentioning but I'm struggling to find negatives with this hotel!

Unfortunately me and my fiancé didn't get chance to use the spa facilities as we ran out of time, the rooms are so nice you really don't want to leave them! However we will be booking again and using all the facilities and treat our selfs to a nice pampering session. Like wise we didn't use the hotels restaurant but this was due to us being at the sea side and wanting good old fish and chips from the sea front! The restaurant looked nice and it's prices were very reasonable. I've stayed In a few similar stared hotels and there really isn't any difference in price in fact the Crown Spa is probably slightly cheaper than most.

The hotel is in a great location with fantastic views of the coast, however access into Scarborough is not the easiest as it involves steep hills and many stairs. It takes around 15-20 mins to walk to the main front of Scarborough and around 10 mins to get to the town centre. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a little luxury for an affordable price and would say a sea view would of completed the hotel for us but even so we still had nice views of the country side and the town so I can't complain. Great hotel I will be going back so I recon if your reading this you should give it a go!

Room Tip: A sea view room is a must, if you book a executive room be aware you are on the top floor and the hotel is on top of a cliff which means it gets really windy, so if your a light sleeper it may not be the room for you with strong gusts of wind whistling over the roof and rattling the roof tiles. I would also suggest the breakfast room gets really busy so avoid this by going for breakfast in Scarborough as we did, there's loads of nice little cafés along the front that do nice cheep full English breakfast £3-9 and it's less busy. All in all great hotel that will become a regular haunt of yours.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

May I first of all say thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review. I am in full agreement that the sea views are amazing and really are worth booking.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

We have been staying at the Crown Spa hotel since its refurbishment but following our latest visit I am worried standards are slipping.
Our room was starting to look slightly shabby and tired - main light not working and stains in toilet bowl.
At breakfast on Monday morning we were told that they had run out of fresh fruit salad - this was only at 9.00am and more people came down to breakfast after us. Also the hot option for the continental breakfast had run out.
Not what we have come to expect from this 4 star hotel at all.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

May I first of all say thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am always disappointed when any issues occur during a customer’s stay we do ask in our welcome letter that any issues are brought to our attention so that we have the opportunity to amend them. We have worked extremely hard for a lot of years to reach the standard that we are at and at no time would we intentionally let the standards drop.

With regards to the hot dish of the day when the hotel is quieter we cook it to order so that there is a reduction in waste.

I do hope that when you visit Scarborough you will return to the Crown so that you can see that the standards are as always expected, if this is not your finding please bring this to our attention.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

We enjoyed a lovely weekend at the Crown with good food and excellent service from the reception and restaurant staff. Free tea and coffee on arrival was a nice touch before going to our room. The room was fairly small for the amount of furniture but very nicely decorated with an amazing bathroom with TV and a very comfortable bed. I was disappointed that there was no bottled water in the room. Unfortunately on our return to our room after a day out on Saturday our keys would not work. The lady on reception was very apologetic but this happened again on Sunday morning after breakfast. Very annoying after waiting for a lift to the fifth floor and walking along a long corridor with a bad leg. We were told it was interference from mobile phones but we didn't have our phones with us!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

May I first of all say thank you for taking the time to write a mostly positive review. I am sorry that you were inconvenienced with regards to the key cards and the door locks, the chip in the keys can become corrupt from magnets and mobile phones and unfortunately it appears that this happened on two occasions during your stay.

I do hope that when you visit Scarborough you will return to the Crown as nothing pleases us more than a returning guest.