Wrea Head Hall(Scarborough)
$138
The Grainary(Scarborough)
$98
Hackness Grange Country House Hotel(Hackness)(Great Value!)
$101
Coachman Inn(Scarborough)
$128
$125
5,143 results
All reviewsmood lightingsea viewice roomceiling fanfeature roomcontinental breakfastlovely hotelsteam roomon arrivalfree upgradeleisure facilitiesexecutive roomstreet parkingshort breaktop floorlovely roomfull english
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Our deluxe double room with sea view was very spacious and well appointed. Although it says king size bed it is twins pushed together - which we found had a deep ridge in between but we had a good nights sleep on the comfortable mattresses. Spa with a leisure club is open to outside members and has the swimming pool is narrow it is easily over crowded and with more than three people it is difficult to get a good swim in. We only tried room service once and we found the food mediocre and not good value. Continental breakfast had a good choice of cereals with a hot dish. Reception staff were helpful when they were there but often we had to wait for someone to be at the desk. My husband found a man crumpled outside on the corridor worse for drink, when he went for an early morning swim and later I heard another couple complaining to reception that someone had been knocking on their door at 4am and along all the doors on his floor so perhaps it was the same person.

Room Tip: The highlight for us was the spaciousness of the deluxe rooms
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
crownspahotel, Manager at The Crown Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review. The beds in some rooms are what are known as zip and links and are an industry standard I am glad that they still provided a good nights sleep.

I am extremely disappointed that on occasion some customers get themselves into a state of inebriation that leaves them in an embarrassing state.

I will pass on your positive comments to both the staff and management who I know will be delighted we have another guest that want to return to the Crown.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

We have just returned from our second stay at the Crown Spa hotel in Scarborough. Having had such a great time and been so impressed with all the hotel had to offer in January it was not difficult to decide to return.
On arrival we were greeted with a lovely warm smile and given all our room and hotel information. This time we were given a 5th floor room with a seaview and it is well worthwhile paying a bit extra to get one of these rooms. Warm,comfortable,spacious and with everything you need to make your stay very comfortable. Plus the delights of the view and listening to the waves breaking on the beach.
As ever the Crown Spa staff are fantastic. Always obliging and never in your face they make the hotel what it is. It is so easy to relax in the bar before enjoying an excellent dinner in the restaurant.
The menu offers a great range of dishes. Indeed it is hard to dislike any of the delicious items
available and if you do have a special requirement then it is never a problem. A good wine list and draught Theakstons and you're set fair.
We had the Continental breakfast which is far and away is the best continental I have ever had. Plenty of choice and with a very tasty hot option every morning.
Plus there is a well equipped spa availavle to guests and definately worth a visit.
So when it comes to picking the best hotel in Scarborough look no further than the Crown Spa.
You will arrive tired and leave refreshed and chilled.

Room Tip: 5th Floor with a sea view. Unbeatale
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review. I am delighted that you have once again had an enjoyable stay and do hope that a future visit to Scarborough will bring you back to the Crown.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

This is an excellent hotel. Nothing was too much trouble. The rooms were fantastic with views over the sea. Our first night we were on the second floor and on our second night we upgraded to the first floor. Room service in the evening was excellent great breakfast in a great room and a decent bar. Spend the extra cash on one of the rooms at the front. Those on the second floor are great but those on the first floor are really special. The only thing missing is a decent sound system if you must have this book on the top floor( we stayed in this one on a previous visit.

Room Tip: First floor sea facing
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and do hope that a future visit to Scarborough will bring you back to the Crown as nothing pleases us more than seeing a guest return.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

We stayed at the Crown Spa for one night on the 25th October. We arrived at 1pm, as I had pre booked a car park space I went to reception to get my ticket, I was greated by a lovely lady who gave me a ticket to park outside the hotel, we managed to get a space about 30 yards from the hotel! so we didnt have to pay for parking at all. I went back to see when we could check in and she said that Our room was ready, she also informed us that we had been given a complimentary upgrade to a sea view room!! The room was lovely, great views, great bed, great bathroom and all very clean. Plenty of Yorkshire tea, coffee and hot chocalate (which was yummy). The hotel is in a great location, we walked down to the sea front which didn't take to long. We didnt eat in the hotel,(as we had already eaten fish and chips on the sea front, well we were on holiday!!) but the restaurant looked busy, as was the lobby and bar. We didnt use the spa either as we were only there for one night, but my husband went down to have a look and said it looked good. My only dissapointment was that we only booked for 1 night and not longer, it was a great stay in a lovely hotel in a lovely seadise town and will most definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We had room 304, it had sort of a sea view, but was a lovely vuew out all the same
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and the hotel and do hope that on a future visit you will have the time to sample the food in the hotel but can’t blame you for eating fish and chips whilst at the seaside.

I do hope that a future visit to Scarborough will bring you back to the Crown as nothing pleases us more than seeing a guest return.

I will pass on your positive comments to both the staff and management who I know will be delighted.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

If you like music with your Breakfast, Pre-dinner Drinks and Evening Meal, then this is the place for you. Let alone the additional 'Work Out' Music that thumps up from the Leisure Centre / Gym in the Basement below. The whole experience was dreadful and after 4 nights we could not wait to Check-Out. We would not recommend this Hotel to anyone and certainly would not ever go there again if it was the last hotel left in Scarborough.

Very Disappointed !!!

Room Tip: Don't Bother !!!
2  Thank Dave U
crownspahotel, Manager at The Crown Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I extremely sorry that you will not be returning to the Crown as it always disappoints us when we have a customer that is dissatisfied. I have looked in the management log and cannot see any complaints logged with regards to excessive noise.

We do at all-time attempt to please all of our customers but do on occasion have to accept that it is not always possible.