Wrea Head Hall(Scarborough)
$138
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $153/night.

The Grainary(Scarborough)
$98
Hackness Grange Country House Hotel(Hackness)(Great Value!)
$101
Coachman Inn(Scarborough)
$128
$124
5,143 results
All reviewsmood lightingsea viewice roomceiling fanfeature roomcontinental breakfastlovely hotelsteam roomon arrivalfree upgradeleisure facilitiesexecutive roomstreet parkingshort breaktop floorlovely roomfull english
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I'd never been to Scarborough before so I didn't really know what to expect but I really enjoyed our weekend away.

The hotel is in an excellent location but you have to be lucky to find a parking spot near the entrance. It was absolutley pouring with rain when we arrived so the trek from our car to the hotel wasn't very pleasant!

The building itself is beautiful, with great views over the harbour. The staff were all foreign but extremely friendly. Our room was very nice with a luxury bathroom and a telescope (which didn't actually work) to look out to sea.

Breakfast was nice and we spent an afternoon in the pool and spa area which was quite old fashioned but suited our needs.

All in all I'd recommend this hotel but look out for a deal as it's not the cheapest.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
crownspahotel, Manager at The Crown Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a mostly positive review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and the hotel. I really do not feel that there is any relevance to the origin of our staff but to clarify I would like to say we have 120 full and part time staff and 6 of them were not born in the UK.

I do hope that a future visit to Scarborough will bring you back to the Crown as nothing pleases us more than seeing a guest return.

I will pass on your positive comments to both the staff and management who I know will be delighted.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

We booked in to this hotel for two nights during the summer and can confirm that our experience was very positive. The hotel is situated in a fairly central area of Scarborough, on a cliff top location with good views. My wife and I liked the feel of the hotel which was modern and contemporary. During the check in process we decided to upgrade and for a minimal cost were given a 'superior room' which we were very pleased with (very comfortable and spacious). We were impressed with the relaxing 'guest room' offering complimentary tea and coffee and a very large plasma TV in a very relaxing setting. In addition we found the leisure facilities excellent and made use of the swimming pool and gymnasium.

Overall a pleasant stay and we would be very confident in recommending this hotel to other travellers. The only thing I would highlight is that parking outside the hotel can be tricky as its street parking only (the hotel reception gave us a free complimentary street parking voucher). I would personally rate this hotel at a 4-star level and again a hotel which I enjoyed.

Catchatan

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
crownspahotel, Manager at The Crown Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review, I am delighted that everything was to your liking and the staff were able to accommodate your needs. We do have a private car park to the rear of the hotel and spaces can be pre booked.

I will pass on your positive comments to both staff and management who I know will be delighted that we have another satisfied guest.

We do read and respond to all customer feedback to enable us to offer a better service to future customers.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Just returned from our short break at The Crown Spa Hotel. Not overly impressed. Breakfast was very confusing; we were only offered one tea or coffee through the breakfast period; no offer of a 'top up'. No rack of toast offered with the upgrade to a full English breafkast; therefore as we did our own toast, the breakfast was going cold. The full English breakfast soggy, beans running into the moshy scrambled egg. We were not the only ones baffled with the toaster system either. We stay in 4 and 5 star hotels in various locations through the year. The Spa area seemed tired, the decor was seemed old and the jacuzzi/hot tub was luke warm. We were not asked at breakfast where we would like to be seated; downstairs or up, we shown downstairs on each occasion therefore we came to the conclusion that we were being seperated from those that had perhaps paid for a more expensive room; the room we have was £110.00 per night so I didn't think that was too cheap. There was the horrible smell of cooked food froma restaurant behind the hotel. The carpet in the hotel room had not been hoovered before we arrived. There werer workmen on site behind the hotel at 7.30 am, which woke us up each morning. We will not return to this hotel but will return to Scarborough as it's such a lovely coast line and we will try somewhere different.

Room Tip: Really not sure what else is available - we paid £110.00 per night and it was not up to scratch; we have stayed in London 3 and 4 star and other city hotels which have been far better
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Samantha A

I am extremely disappointed that you refer to the hotel as Ok…..ish. We are constantly looking for customer feedback and will always amend any issues that may occur if they are brought to our attention. Our policy is to call all rooms with a satisfaction check within the first hour so if something has been missed or the customer is not happy with the room we have the opportunity to resolve this. We also hand a welcome letter that asks customers to speak to us if they feel something is not right.

I am sorry that you will not return to the Crown on a future visit to Scarborough but do thank you for your review as we do read and respond to all customer feedback to enable us to offer a better service to future customers.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

We stayed in a large, well furnished room with lots of drawer space and a lovely sea view. The bathroom was modern with an overhead shower and attractive tiling. The staff were pleasant and extra pillows and towels were provided on request. Good location; just a nice distance from the town and restaurants.

The mattress was too soft for our taste.
Bath towels were skimpy!
A shower screen would be preferable and more hygienic than the existing curtain.
The room was very hot during the night despite a ceiling fan and four open windows.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 23, 2013

First impressions of this hotel is always made by the front desk staff whom I found to be very helpful and friendly. The room was very nice with tea/coffee making facilities, giant flat screen television (although there is no air con but reception did offer us a fan for the room) The best part of the room was the bathroom as it has such beautiful mood lighting which helps you relax in the luxurious bath, (bath gels etc. are replaced daily). House keeping service was excellent. As guest of the hotel we are allowed use of the gym/swimming with sauna area.

The hotel is very beautiful and I cannot fault the staff in anyway however for the room I do think it was a little over priced.

This hotel is situated on a cliff top away from all the hustle and bustle of the town centre it is only about a 5-10 min walk to all the shops, and restaurants, however at the end of the cross over bridge there is a cable cart that can take you to the sea front. For this reason I would not say that this hotel is ideal for people with a walking difficulty due to the stairs and hills to get to and from it

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
crownspahotel, Manager at The Crown Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a mostly positive review, prices do vary considerably based on time of year room type and package chosen I am unfortunately unable to comment further as I am unaware of what was paid and the room allocated. I will pass on your positive comments to both the staff and management who I know will be delighted that you had an enjoyable stay at the Crown.

I do hope that a future visit to Scarborough will bring you back to the Crown as nothing pleases us more than a returning customer.

Once again thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we read and respond to all feedback and use it to better the experience for future customers.