“Crown Spa”

The Crown Spa Hotel
Ranked #6 of 26 Hotels in Scarborough
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Yet again we have not long returned from our short stay at the Crown Spa. Have stayed there several times and would not consider staying any other place. I cannot add any other comments to my previous ones apart from the fact that we are treated like long lost friends. The staff are just so lovely. We had lunch with our son, wife a little baby Sophie and the staff gave permission for our daughter in law to go our room in order to have privacy to feed her baby. The room was fantastic as per usual, we don't care about sea views, plenty sea around the bay if we want to view it. Thanks to Lauren and the rest of the staff who made our stay yet again very special Will be back soon to see our little granddaughter Sophie

Room Tip: High rooms
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
crownspahotel, Manager at The Crown Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2012

May I first of all say how nice it is to receive such an honest and detailed review of a customer’s stay, all too often trip advisor is used in such an inappropriate way with statements that often verge on the ridiculous.

I am delighted that your time spent with your granddaughter was enjoyable and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

I will certainly pass on your positive comments to our team especially Lauren.

There are newer reviews for The Crown Spa Hotel

Reviewed April 12, 2012

We spent 3 days relaxing at this spa hotel. Really comfortable stay, the bed was lovely. The breakfast was great, with a hot dish included in the continental breakfast. Great spa facilities including pool. Staff really helpful, even provided wifi for our many mobile devices. Convinient location within short walk from town and beach (big hill!) Would definitely stay again

• Stayed: April 2012

May I first of all thank you for such a positive review I am absolutely delighted that you had an enjoyable stay at The Crown and I speak on behalf of myself and the team when I say thank you so much for your comments.

It goes without saying that I will pass on your kind words to the staff; we endeavour to make our guests stay a pleasurable one. We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.

Reviewed April 11, 2012

Me my partner and son stayed for the bank holiday, we stayed before and loved it and this time was even better as we checked out the spa and swimming pool! Everything was brilliant, clean and well managed. Lovely feel to this hotel and we shal be staying again in a month.

• Stayed: April 2012

Thank you for what is a short but very positive review, you have said enough to let me know that you are happy which makes myself and the team happy too.

I will certainly pass on your comment to our team. We very much look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed April 10, 2012

On arrival at the Crown Spa we were very impressed, the location is stunning with amazing views over the South Cliff and our feature room had a complimentary telescope!
The room was well equipped with little luxuries like nice toiletries and bath robes. The spa was very nice and we used it several times as well as indulging in some treatments (highly recommended). We had booked dinnner on both nights prior to arrival as we were here to relax and didn't particularly want to go very far in the evening. Sadly, as is the case with many hotels the food was poor. French onion soup was like dishwater with no crouton or cheese topping (apparently the chef was being trained?) my turbot (overcooked) with risotto and Parmesan crisp had no Parmesan crisp (I had to ask for it) my wife's rare steak was delivered medium. The bill was £70 with wine which I considered poor value. Having complained twice throughout the meal we were offered no form of recompense (even a complimentary coffee would have at least been a gesture). Based on this experience we cancelled our dinner reservation for the second night and found a wonderful fish restaurant 10 mins walk away (cafe fish) that we discovered on trip advisor also.
All in all I would recommend the Crown Spa Hotel for everything other than dinner, it could have been a one off but I did read similar from others on here.

Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank davidwood33

May I first of all say thank you for a mostly positive review with regards to the hotel and the spa facilities. I do remember sitting down and chatting to you on the day of your departure and don’t remember saying that the chef on duty was in training, I may have said that there is a training issue that I need to address and since have done so.

The issues that were brought to the attention of the restaurant manager on the night were resolved and he did feel that you had left the restaurant happy. As anyone can see I do personally respond to all trip advisor posts and regrettably have to disagree that that there are similar complaints regarding food, anyone that takes the time to read through past customer feedback will be able to decide themselves if this is the case.

I do hope that you visit Scarborough again in the future and that the Crown is your choice of hotel as we are always happy to see returning guests.

Reviewed April 10, 2012

Thoroughly enjoyed my recent overnight stay at the Crown Spa Hotel. My room was extremely spacious and comfortable, with a fantastic monsoon shower in the wetroom/bathroom. Staff were polite and helpful and the breakfast was fantastic.

I wish I had taken my gym stuff with me as gym/pool looked really good when I went downstairs to take a look around it.

I would happily recommend the hotel to friends & family - and would certainly stay here if ever in Scarborough again

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

Thanks you for such a lovely review, I am always delighted to hear that the staff and hotel met your expectations.

Reviewed April 9, 2012

Enjoyed two lovely nights here over Easter 2012. Can only think of positive things to say about the rooms, the staff, the facilities. The spa was great - spent some time chilling in the sauna and steam room. Food was excellent, and the wine. We enjoyed Scarborough very much. Fab walks around the castle, the beach, and the hills at the far end of the south bay. It's all good. Top marks to crown spa.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
crownspahotel, Manager at The Crown Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2012

Thanks so much for such a positive review. I am delighted that you had a great weekend over Easter and luckily the weather did hold out which added to it. on the odd occasion we do receive negative comments that do seem unnessesary but reviews like yours do make our job worth while.

I will certainly pass on your comment to our team. We very much look forward to welcoming you back very soon as a tourist.

Reviewed April 9, 2012

We stayed here over night and it was an amazing experience and we look forward to coming back ASAP. I cannot fault any aspect of the weekend.

Room Tip: Have a room at the front for a wonderful view.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple