5,168 results
All reviewsmood lightingsea viewice roomceiling fanfeature roomcontinental breakfastlovely hotelsteam roomon arrivalfree upgradeleisure facilitiesexecutive roomstreet parkingshort breakfull englishtop floorlovely room
Reviewed June 26, 2011

It was our first time to scarborough we travelled up from south wales and we were exausted from the secand we got there we were looked after every 1 we met knew there jobs inside out we absalutly loved our experiance of the crown spa hotel .the food and bevrage service was was floorless table service every need met so friendly we had a really good laugh with some staff but we got closer to the bar staff and the 1 named andrew he is defante cog needed in that hotel we were shocked wen his roll was just a bar member he chose an excellent reatraunt for us to eat at as well ! Breakfast was vary fresh and hot !. We will be back .

• Stayed: June 2011
crownspahotel, Manager at The Crown Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2011

May I first of all say how delighted I am that your trip up from south wales became an enjoyable one as soon as you reached the Crown.

We do pride ourselves on our staff and Andrew is no exception to the rule, no one in the hotel is just a barman he is an important member of the food and beverage team who will always offer his services to go the extra mile.

I will pass on your positive comments to all of the staff who I know will be delighted that you left the Crown happy, we will also mention andrew in our monthly newsletter which I know will bring a smile to his face.

Kind regards,

Reviewed June 26, 2011

We stayed on a Saturday Evening and booked a Seaview Penthouse Apartment.

The room was large, with brilliant views, and had a lot of technical featues, such as the I-pod dock and connections for the tv, along with a TV in the bathroom, a nice touch.

I would rather have had a bit more spent on the basics, such as mineral water in the room, and better quality toliteries. We also had a very old dressing gown left for one of us to use, that should have been binned, perhaps trying too hard to impress with the big extras

The Hotel's facilities are excellent, with a really well equipped Gym, although a slightly tired changing area for the pool, the team in the gym where really good, very freindly and always available to help. This is the first hotel where we have been offered a helping hand to get use to the equipment (not needed, but really good to have the offer)

I have to say the team in reception, the lounge bar, and the gym where great.

We did not eat in the Hotel's restaurant, as we had been recommended one in town.

We regret not eating in the hotel, the afternoon tea we had was wonderful, and all the food looked great. Breakfast just re-enforced that feeling, very relaxed, great choice and a lovely environment

We will look to return, although I would say that we will look for a good standard seaview room rather than the penthouse floor, not sure if it was worth the upgrade (although we had got a reduction from the rack rate, the £175 we paid for B&B should not be thought of as cheap)

Room Tip: Have to have a Seaview, the views are wonderful !
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple

May I first of all say thank you for the mostly positive comments regarding your recent stay.

I have spoken to the laundry and housekeeping staff with regards to the dressing gown that appeared past its best and asked them to run them past me if they feel that they are not up to standard, I will then endeavour to take them out of circulation.

Thanks again for a great review and it goes without saying that I will pass on your kind words to the staff; we endeavour to make our guests stay a pleasurable one. We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.

Reviewed June 24, 2011

Mine and my partners experience of the Crown Spa was an almost flawless 1, there were 1 or 2 things which could have made the stay slightly better but those will no doubt be resolved the next time we stay there.

Anyway what can I say the room was lovely (we stayed on the Stay & Romance 1 package) and we had access to the excellent Spa facilities, 1 little niggle was the pool (as mentioned in another review on here) was very cool and not at the temperature advertised in the brochure in the room, between 28-30 degrees celsius I believe it said.

But either way it didn't spoil our stay at all and it was December when the weather outside wasn't too great anyway (although I do believe that the pool could still be maintained at the 28-30 degrees celsius it's advertised at regardless of the weather outside) I can say though that the Spa tub (in the same area as the pool) was a pleasant temperature and a great place to relax in, as were the sauna and steam rooms.

We also had breakfast in our room (see pictures) and it was excellent :) I also purchased the teddy for my partner which was on the bed when we went up to the room, some people think it should be free but to be honest if you want something then you should be prepared to pay for it, and the price wasn't too expensive, also bear in mind you don't actually get the teddy that was in the room, you pay for 1 at the reception and they go in the back and get you 1, not wrapped or anything like that (so could maybe have been from any one of the rooms) but I don't suppose it matters either way. Anyway I can definitely recommend the Crown Spa and will definitely go back, if only for the Spa facilities alone!

All in all I/we loved it, the rooms with a sea view are brilliant, and as you can see from my pictures (even though the weather was pretty poor) the view is pretty special even on a wet and windy day!

Last but not least, you also get a complimentary drink (non-alcoholic drink) from the bar after you've checked in, which is a nice touch.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ConanI81

Thanks for a great review, and delighted that the miserable weather that we had in December didn’t spoil your stay.

We check the pool 3 times a day and rarely does the temperature drop below 28 degrees however after visiting the sauna, steam rooms of Jacuzzi it may appear a little cooler than expected.

I can assure you that the teddy bear that you purchased was new and came straight from a box behind reception I will however look into purchasing bags for them to be put in. Just in case you didn’t realise we do donate 10% of the profit to local charities from the sale of the bears which last year amounted to over £350

Reviewed June 23, 2011

What a team at The Crown Spa - every staff member from every department whether reception,catering,house keeping or management deserves a huge pat on the back for outstanding service last weekend when looking after our Conference crew and 200 delegates. You made our delegates feel special and individual with warm smiles and Yorkshire hospitality - we definately picked the right HQ Hotel - Thank you for everything.Splendid staff, beautiful location, bliss!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple

Thanks for a great review, whether we are catering for a single customer or a group of 200 our standards we feel are always the same. As with all large groups we do have a few challenges thrown at us and reviews like this show us that we have achieved what we set out to do.

Reviewed June 23, 2011

Holding our annual conference in Scarborough it was important to find the correct standard for our HQ hotel - The Crown Spa was it...

From concept to reality, the Owner/Manager Daphne Olney could not have been more helpful and supportive. Everything that we asked for was delivered and the whole team from catering to housekeeping, from reception to restaurant the service and quality was exemplary.

I would highly recommend this hotel and having stayed there on previous occasions as a 'single' guest I can assure you that this level of care is given to everyone.

Room Tip: Pay that little extra for rm102 - it is excellent!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business

Room 102 is a delightful room and loved by all that stay in there. Once again thanks for a great review and we do look forward to seeing you again in the not too distant future.