“Love it, good atmosphere, quirky, a special hidden gem!”
Review of Eat Me Cafe

Eat Me Cafe
Ranked #8 of 355 Restaurants in Scarborough
Cuisines: Asian, Cafe, British, Thai
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Cash Only, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Eat Me Cafe sits quietly in a backstreet of Scarborough behind the world-famous Stephen Joseph Theatre. We offer a diverse multicultural menu, serving hand-packed burgers, Japanese Ramen, Shetland Pie, Thai Curries.... And much much more. 95% Of our food is made in-house from scratch. Our wide range of cakes changes daily. We serve our own much loved blend of coffee, fair trade certified and expertly roasted by The Heavenly Coffee Company and this can't be found anywhere else. All our food is cooked to order, and at busy times there may be a delay. Our chips are skin on for goodness and seasoned with Eat Me's own blend seasoning. We only use Butter on our breads and please be aware that Our Kitchen contains nuts, both kinds. If you have special dietary requirements please let us know and we will try to accommodate. We always have dairy free butter alternatives and soya milk on request, as well as Gluten Free bread for those sandwich requirements. Also, during the day when busy you may be asked to share a table, you never know who you might meet. We love Yorkshire and Scarborough and were so proud to receive The Good Food Guide Cafe of the Year 2014 award and be in the guide again for 2015. We embrace our quirkiness, bringing a smile to our customers faces from the moment they walk in! Finally if you are in a rush for the theatre, the train or collecting the kids please let us know, we will do all we humanly can!
Scarborough, United Kingdom
“Love it, good atmosphere, quirky, a special hidden gem!”
Reviewed August 28, 2014

One of Scarborough's hidden cafe's, down behind the Stephen Joseph Theatre, we heard about it and wanted to see what the fuss was about. This cafe is unlike any other in Scarborough. It has a style all of its own with food to match. The food was great and the homemade chips are a must-have. I can highly recommend the sloppy joe, a kind of deconstructed burger, which varies in spiciness depending on when you go. I love the way the food is served. My sloppy joe arrived in a wooden tray with salad and chips served in a brown paper bag, really well presented and delicious too. The decor is great, simplistic but with a retro feel, love the fact that your tea arrives complete with teapot and retro knitted teacozy, mini milk bottle for your milk (think school milk circa 60/70's) and knives and forks in golden syrup tins.....Love it. Whenever the husband and I are in town together he asks to eat here, which is saying something, he loves their coffee. Yes you do have to wait for a table because 90% of the time it is extremely busy, proves how popular it is, but it's well worth the wait. Great service with a smile and delicious tasty food. I have to ask what some of the things are on the menu, but this is part of the charm, it's not run of the mill. And they do cake take outs too if you are in a rush, cream scone/cake all packed up in neat little travel boxes and mouthwateringly scrumptious. Try the Oreo coconut cheesecake, mmmmmmm.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Lol1962

Scarborough, United Kingdom
“Justifiably another awesome review.”
Reviewed August 28, 2014

Although I love to write a review and 'big up' cafes and restaurants, I almost wasn't going to bother with our trip to Eat Me yesterday. As usual it was a delight. This time, we arrived during the breakfast service, so we got a table immediately, rather than having to wait. The breakfast menu is simplicity itself - but (very contrarily) we wanted chips :) Fortunately for us, we'd arrived in time to have fruit toast and crumpets - WITH CHIPS! Eat me chips are TO DIE FOR!. . . .they don't look like regular chips and they sure don't taste like regular chips. . .they are awesome! But let me get back to my original statement about feeling it unnecessary to write a review for such a consistently good and popular cafe. Because I wanted to rave, I had to read the miniscule bad reviews about the place to try and find out what on earth they have to complain about. I've read them now and I've read the wonderful responses from the owner. . . . for crying out loud - who do these complainers think they are??? GO!!! try it!!!! there's a 95% chance you will like it a lot. . . . most of the small minded people who wrote complaints loved it enough to go time and time again! At the end of the day, its a cafe - producing food for 100's of people, day in day out - and its good. That is all ;)

• Visited August 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Little hidden gem!”
Reviewed August 26, 2014

We were searching for somewhere for a pre-theatre meal, and discovered Eat Me Café. There is a really welcoming atmosphere inside the café, and the décor is great - very 60s! The menu is a huge range of burgers, and ramen noodle soups.
I had the Eat Me + Ramen, which was absolutely delicious. We shared a gigantic slab of chocolate fudge cake for pudding, which is probably one of the best I've ever tasted. There's something for everyone here, really friendly place, and great service.
NB it's not licensed, and it was cash only when we went.

• Visited August 2014
“Scrumptious”
Reviewed August 24, 2014

Absolutly scrumptious... I love it hear... the macaroni cheese is to die for...

Only gripe is its always busy so you have to wait for tables... but that proves how good they are!!

Looking forward to my next visit... try something new...they have a big extensive menu which is rare in scarborough

Visited August 2014
Wragby, United Kingdom
“The best kept secret needs to be known!!”
Reviewed August 22, 2014 via mobile

Eat me cafe was suggested to me by a stranger as we needed to find a place to eat before the show at the Stephen Joseph theatre. Why is it not known by everyone?

We had the eat me social - food between 5-7. Wonderful cafe with lovely welcome and the food!!! I had the chili jam chicken with coconut and Thai rice a stunning combination a fab sized portion. My daughter chose chicken burger which was fabulous portion with twice cooked chips a huge burger and salad at a v reasonable price £21 for two. We were stuffed!!

Definately will be back again should be more highly rated as individual, quality food and surroundings. V relaxed and easy for the theatre too!