“E*t me! It's good there!”

Eat Me Cafe & Social
Ranked #13 of 378 Restaurants in Scarborough
Cuisines: American, Asian, British
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Eat Me Cafe sits quietly in a backstreet of Scarborough behind the world-famous Stephen Joseph Theatre. We offer a diverse multicultural menu, serving hand-packed burgers, Japanese Ramen, Shetland Pie, Thai Curries.... And much much more. 95% Of our food is made in-house from scratch. Our wide range of cakes changes daily. We serve our own much loved blend of coffee, fair trade certified and expertly roasted by The Heavenly Coffee Company and this can't be found anywhere else. All our food is cooked to order, and at busy times there may be a delay. Our chips are skin on for goodness and seasoned with Eat Me's own blend seasoning. We only use Butter on our breads and please be aware that Our Kitchen contains nuts, both kinds. If you have special dietary requirements please let us know and we will try to accommodate. We always have dairy free butter alternatives and soya milk on request, as well as Gluten Free bread for those sandwich requirements. Also, during the day when busy you may be asked to share a table, you never know who you might meet. We love Yorkshire and Scarborough and were so proud to receive The Good Food Guide Cafe of the Year 2014 award and be in the guide again for 2015. We embrace our quirkiness, bringing a smile to our customers faces from the moment they walk in! Finally if you are in a rush for the theatre, the train or collecting the kids please let us know, we will do all we humanly can!
Reviewed April 27, 2014

For me the best place in scarb. Only recently signed up for tripadvisor so was surprised to see this as no 21. Can't see another 20 places being better than this but I will visit a few to see. Anyways the portion sizes are considerable in here so not sure what people are saying in other reviews. The coffee is the best in scarb too (yet to find a truly decent coffee shop). Food and service good. You gotta be there for 11:30 to secure a table. Great place to go. Been with missus and my lad prob 5-6 times and always good. In my view it's good value as you are always totally full. Other cafés fall down by maybe being £1.50-£2 cheaper but you end up with a panini and sad looking salad. Only suggestion is uniform as it would create a more professional vibe . If this place was in Mayfair or Chelsea I wouldn't bat an eyelid.

marste007, Owner at Eat Me Cafe & Social, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2014

Hello Lawrence C
We can only but say a massive thank you for your brilliant review, pleased that we are your best place in Scarborough, we are truly flattered that you could place us in either Chelsea or Mayfair, that makes us smile so so much. Again thank you.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

Wonderful fresh local ingredients, artisan bread and great coffee. Service was warm and genuinely friendly. Ambience great and quirky. The best breakfast in Scarbrough by a long way and only £6.
Can't wait to try it in the evening.

1  Thank JimSharpe47

Hello JimSharpe47
Thank you for your very kind words, we are happy that you find us the best breakfast in Scarborough with our offerings.
Look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

Firstly let me start by saying that people should ignore the negative reviews on here about eat me, I've lived in Scarborough all my life but until recently had not been to sample eat me although my fiancé had been before and said it was a hidden gem so we decided while trawling the shops in town with our 6 year old son to go for our dinner at eat me, we arrived a little after 11am and were shown to our table by a very pleasant young lady who returned to take our order very promptly. We ordered 3 bacon burgers as my fiancé said that they were really really good, me and my son were not disappointed, the food was the best I've had in Scarborough for a long long time, beautiful homemade burgers in a lovely ciabatta bread roll, and the fries were amazing and loved the way it was all presented in a wooden box and the chips in a bag which is a great idea, home slaw was great too, all in all a wonderful meal.

I'm also shocked that some of the negative comments on here bang on about the price of the food, £6.50 for the bacon burger and the portions are large, I would have been happy to pay around £10 for the burgers as they were that good

Suppose you can't please some small minded people though, can't wait to come back and try something different.

Keep up the good work eat me!!!

1  Thank Scott C

Hi Scott C
Thank you for a fabulous review, we are pleased that your first visit, although not your fiance's, was something to make you want to shout it out loud to the tripadvisor community. We do pride ourselves not only on our food and our service but on our differences, and we are ready for you to come back and try something new from our menu.
Keeping up the good work!

Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

Great staff, great atmosphere, great tea, great cake and great facilities. Great.
Would definitely go again and try a meal!

Hello Andrewefoster
Your short but most definitely sweet review made our day, and we are ready to serve you a full meal next time you come to visit, hopefully not too far off.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

First time for me, took my girls for a birthday lunch, as they suggested a visit to Eat Me Cafe, Them being Vegan & Vegetarian I wondered if I would not be amply catered for as a meat eater. I was not disappointed, the menu was wide and varied and the prices were very reasonable, the place was full on a monday lunchtime but we were served very quickly by very helpful staff. In short a pleasant change from frozen pub food and a god send from the corporate fast food outlets a lot of people seem to prefer. I will most definitely be visiting again.

1  Thank SteveJames69

Hi SteveJames69
Many thanks for your very positive review, we do appreciate your comments and are glad that you found us not to be disappointing and a pleasant change from the Fast Food Nation we have become. We look forward to serving you again.