“Fantastic fantastic!”

Ranked #6 of 357 Restaurants in Scarborough
Cuisines: American, Asian, British
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Eat Me Cafe sits quietly in a backstreet of Scarborough behind the world-famous Stephen Joseph Theatre. We offer a diverse multicultural menu, serving hand-packed burgers, Japanese Ramen, Shetland Pie, Thai Curries.... And much much more. 95% Of our food is made in-house from scratch. Our wide range of cakes changes daily. We serve our own much loved blend of coffee, fair trade certified and expertly roasted by The Heavenly Coffee Company and this can't be found anywhere else. All our food is cooked to order, and at busy times there may be a delay. Our chips are skin on for goodness and seasoned with Eat Me's own blend seasoning. We only use Butter on our breads and please be aware that Our Kitchen contains nuts, both kinds. If you have special dietary requirements please let us know and we will try to accommodate. We always have dairy free butter alternatives and soya milk on request, as well as Gluten Free bread for those sandwich requirements. Also, during the day when busy you may be asked to share a table, you never know who you might meet. We love Yorkshire and Scarborough and were so proud to receive The Good Food Guide Cafe of the Year 2014 award and be in the guide again for 2015. We embrace our quirkiness, bringing a smile to our customers faces from the moment they walk in! Finally if you are in a rush for the theatre, the train or collecting the kids please let us know, we will do all we humanly can!
Scarborough, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic fantastic!”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Firstly let me start by saying that people should ignore the negative reviews on here about eat me, I've lived in Scarborough all my life but until recently had not been to sample eat me although my fiancé had been before and said it was a hidden gem so we decided while trawling the shops in town with our 6 year old son to go for our dinner at eat me, we arrived a little after 11am and were shown to our table by a very pleasant young lady who returned to take our order very promptly. We ordered 3 bacon burgers as my fiancé said that they were really really good, me and my son were not disappointed, the food was the best I've had in Scarborough for a long long time, beautiful homemade burgers in a lovely ciabatta bread roll, and the fries were amazing and loved the way it was all presented in a wooden box and the chips in a bag which is a great idea, home slaw was great too, all in all a wonderful meal.

I'm also shocked that some of the negative comments on here bang on about the price of the food, £6.50 for the bacon burger and the portions are large, I would have been happy to pay around £10 for the burgers as they were that good

Suppose you can't please some small minded people though, can't wait to come back and try something different.

Keep up the good work eat me!!!

1 Thank Scott C
Hi Scott C
Thank you for a fabulous review, we are pleased that your first visit, although not your fiance's, was something to make you want to shout it out loud to the tripadvisor community. We do pride ourselves not only on our food and our service but on our differences, and we are ready for you to come back and try something new from our menu.
Keeping up the good work!

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Everything was great”
Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

Great staff, great atmosphere, great tea, great cake and great facilities. Great.
Would definitely go again and try a meal!

Hello Andrewefoster
Your short but most definitely sweet review made our day, and we are ready to serve you a full meal next time you come to visit, hopefully not too far off.
Scarborough, United Kingdom
“Great food at a great price.”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

First time for me, took my girls for a birthday lunch, as they suggested a visit to Eat Me Cafe, Them being Vegan & Vegetarian I wondered if I would not be amply catered for as a meat eater. I was not disappointed, the menu was wide and varied and the prices were very reasonable, the place was full on a monday lunchtime but we were served very quickly by very helpful staff. In short a pleasant change from frozen pub food and a god send from the corporate fast food outlets a lot of people seem to prefer. I will most definitely be visiting again.

1 Thank SteveJames69
Hi SteveJames69
Many thanks for your very positive review, we do appreciate your comments and are glad that you found us not to be disappointing and a pleasant change from the Fast Food Nation we have become. We look forward to serving you again.
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

We had lunch at Eat Me Cafe in Scarborough twice during our recent week's holiday in Scarborough. On both visits the food was really good and the service was efficient as well. We didn't have to wait long for the food, but it does get very busy and it's not very big, so you might wish to try an early or late lunch to avoid disappointment (or a wait). They also had a highchair for our daughter, which was a plus! Will definitely recommend to friends.

marste007, Owner at Eat Me Cafe, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Hello cat5830
We love that you visited twice in the week you had in Scarborough. Glad that you enjoyed what we have to offer and hopefully will get the chance to do so again soon.
“Little gem ”
Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

What a beautiful little spot! Food delicious, all home made! Veggie burger was delicious and the chips were to die for! Ample menu for vegetarians and my friend has the eggs on toast which was delicious. Waiting staff very helpful. Will be back. Thanks guys :-)

marste007, Owner at Eat Me Cafe, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Hey Scarboroughlad2013
Huge thanks for your review, we do our best to accommodate vegetarians with something a little different than the usual fayre. We look forward to seeing you again.