“Food, atmosphere and staff - 5 star”
Review of Eat Me Cafe

Eat Me Cafe
Ranked #7 of 358 Restaurants in Scarborough
Cuisines: American, Asian, British
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Eat Me Cafe sits quietly in a backstreet of Scarborough behind the world-famous Stephen Joseph Theatre. We offer a diverse multicultural menu, serving hand-packed burgers, Japanese Ramen, Shetland Pie, Thai Curries.... And much much more. 95% Of our food is made in-house from scratch. Our wide range of cakes changes daily. We serve our own much loved blend of coffee, fair trade certified and expertly roasted by The Heavenly Coffee Company and this can't be found anywhere else. All our food is cooked to order, and at busy times there may be a delay. Our chips are skin on for goodness and seasoned with Eat Me's own blend seasoning. We only use Butter on our breads and please be aware that Our Kitchen contains nuts, both kinds. If you have special dietary requirements please let us know and we will try to accommodate. We always have dairy free butter alternatives and soya milk on request, as well as Gluten Free bread for those sandwich requirements. Also, during the day when busy you may be asked to share a table, you never know who you might meet. We love Yorkshire and Scarborough and were so proud to receive The Good Food Guide Cafe of the Year 2014 award and be in the guide again for 2015. We embrace our quirkiness, bringing a smile to our customers faces from the moment they walk in! Finally if you are in a rush for the theatre, the train or collecting the kids please let us know, we will do all we humanly can!
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food, atmosphere and staff - 5 star”
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Visited with my hubby on a busy Friday evening.

Lovely candle lit charm and character to this cafe. I felt like I was in a quirky cafe in Brighton or somewhere much more cosmopolitan than Scarborough.

Staff were very attentive and came to talk us through the menu and offer us water. This place has the added bonus that you can take your own alcohol and they charge just £1 per head corkage, which I believe is donated to a chosen charity.

For starters I had mushroom caviar on toast which was out of this world and so tasty. Hubby had Brie with salad which he said was nice.
For main course I had asparagus, new potatoes and grilled halloumi which was served with a side salad and garlic bread. This was also out of this world and the flavours and textures went so well together. My mouth was watering with every mouthful!
Hubby had Malaysian assam chicken which was served with rice and a roti.
The sauce was delicious and he cleared his plate.

Generous sized portions and well presented.

Although very full we moved on to pudding! I opted for panocotta and hubby had carrot cake. We didn't speak at all as we tucked in to these!
All topped off with two coffees.

We left feeling very satisfied. I would definitely recommend a visit and I hope to be back very soon.

Many thanks to everyone involved and working so hard to make this place a great success with great flavours and food. Scarborough needed something like this.

Leicester, United Kingdom
“Hidden gem in Scarborough!”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We visited Eat Me restaurant for lunch one day and we thought it was really fantastic! The restaurant itself was nice and modern and different to most of the other places we've eaten in the town. The food was extremely reasonably priced and the menu was very varied. When the food arrived we were pleasantly shocked by the portion sizes and both of our meals were delicious.

We will definitely be coming back next time we're in the area and have recommended it to other people already!

• Visited September 2013
“Fab, wonderful food at a great price!”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Great atmosphere, food is fantastic and
really good value! Having tried several
of the meals there I would highly recommend! Omlette in particular and chicken n bacon ciabatta well recieved by my family. Several great businesses on Hanover road in Scarborough which are worth a look :-D please visit and hope you enjoy as much as we do!

• Visited September 2013
Filey, United Kingdom
“Great Place to eat”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Visited (must book) the café before a trip to the theatre as it is very handy. The majority of the food was excellent, Malay curry very tasty but roti far too greasy. Slow cooked belly pork was outstanding as was the pancetta starter with sweet potato. Service was fine but take your own alcohol if required as there is no licence for them.

• Visited October 2013
Scarborough, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Warm and Spicy”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Just popped into Eat Me cos I'd heard they had added some new specials to their already excellent menu. The welcome was warm and friendly as always and I was soon sat down, sipping my root beer and waiting for my 'Sloppy Dog'. Smoked sausage, spicy 'Sloppy Joseph' mince and a melted cheese top. A wonderful addition to the menu and I hope it becomes a regular fixture.

• Visited October 2013