“With it?”

Ranked #6 of 357 Restaurants in Scarborough
Cuisines: American, Asian, British
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Eat Me Cafe sits quietly in a backstreet of Scarborough behind the world-famous Stephen Joseph Theatre. We offer a diverse multicultural menu, serving hand-packed burgers, Japanese Ramen, Shetland Pie, Thai Curries.... And much much more. 95% Of our food is made in-house from scratch. Our wide range of cakes changes daily. We serve our own much loved blend of coffee, fair trade certified and expertly roasted by The Heavenly Coffee Company and this can't be found anywhere else. All our food is cooked to order, and at busy times there may be a delay. Our chips are skin on for goodness and seasoned with Eat Me's own blend seasoning. We only use Butter on our breads and please be aware that Our Kitchen contains nuts, both kinds. If you have special dietary requirements please let us know and we will try to accommodate. We always have dairy free butter alternatives and soya milk on request, as well as Gluten Free bread for those sandwich requirements. Also, during the day when busy you may be asked to share a table, you never know who you might meet. We love Yorkshire and Scarborough and were so proud to receive The Good Food Guide Cafe of the Year 2014 award and be in the guide again for 2015. We embrace our quirkiness, bringing a smile to our customers faces from the moment they walk in! Finally if you are in a rush for the theatre, the train or collecting the kids please let us know, we will do all we humanly can!
Durham
“With it?”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Following a lie in and a missed free B&B breakfast we happened upon Eat Me Cafe. A quaint, family friendly and strangely trendy establishment. Looking around the courses looked pretty substantial. More than we were after - so we stuck to the sandwiches; fish finger for me and ham, cheese and tomato for her.
Choices of bread, served with (homemade I think) crisps & salad. Nice enough and other meals looked lovely. Not the cheapest at £12.50 with soft drinks, but little things like the ham being 'proper ham' makes it a place I'd recommend.

1 Thank OldhamSheridan

Beverley, United Kingdom
“Brilliant lunch”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Had lunch here today before the theatre. Superb, beautifully presented, inventive food. Take your own wine and pay corkage, donated to the SJT. Brilliant idea. Excellent, cheerful service. No reservations and had to wait a while but well worth it. Will go again.

“Totally yummy”
Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

3 of us visited for lunch, we had the mac and cheese, sweet chilli chicken wrap and the chilli. I have to say I went elsewhere this week and had chilli and I could not eat it as it was so bad, where as Eat Me's Chilli is amazing, it is the best chilli I have ever eaten. All the other meals were enjoyed by the rest of my family. The cafe was full, but the service was still excellent. Can't wait until my next visit.

Visited August 2013
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Had an excellent lunch of fish fingers and salad with my sister and nieces. How they can make fish fingers taste so delicious I do not know, but they certainly were. Saw another diner tuck into the creamed mushrooms on toast and they looked just as delicious as on my previous visit but they don't agree with Slimming World so I stuck to the fish finger salad, which was equally delicious but a few less 'sins'.

London
“Fantastic food and atmosphere”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

A really lovely café with excellent food at great prices
very nice team - and very handy for the theatre

Visited August 2013