“As good as ever”

Eat Me Cafe
Ranked #7 of 355 Restaurants in Scarborough
Cuisines: Asian, Cafe, British, Thai
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Cash Only, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Eat Me Cafe sits quietly in a backstreet of Scarborough behind the world-famous Stephen Joseph Theatre. We offer a diverse multicultural menu, serving hand-packed burgers, Japanese Ramen, Shetland Pie, Thai Curries.... And much much more. 95% Of our food is made in-house from scratch. Our wide range of cakes changes daily. We serve our own much loved blend of coffee, fair trade certified and expertly roasted by The Heavenly Coffee Company and this can't be found anywhere else. All our food is cooked to order, and at busy times there may be a delay. Our chips are skin on for goodness and seasoned with Eat Me's own blend seasoning. We only use Butter on our breads and please be aware that Our Kitchen contains nuts, both kinds. If you have special dietary requirements please let us know and we will try to accommodate. We always have dairy free butter alternatives and soya milk on request, as well as Gluten Free bread for those sandwich requirements. Also, during the day when busy you may be asked to share a table, you never know who you might meet. We love Yorkshire and Scarborough and were so proud to receive The Good Food Guide Cafe of the Year 2014 award and be in the guide again for 2015. We embrace our quirkiness, bringing a smile to our customers faces from the moment they walk in! Finally if you are in a rush for the theatre, the train or collecting the kids please let us know, we will do all we humanly can!
London
“As good as ever”
Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

Visited a year on, much bigger venue, had to wait to be seated 5 or 10 mins because it was a sunny Friday lunchtime and we hadn't booked. But there is seating in the waiting area.
We both had latte and chicken melt, which is a ciabatta with a chicken breast, bacon and melted cheese and comes with fries, slaw and salad. It was excellent value, especially seeing as we both cut our melts in half (too big for these two ladies!) and took the other half home for dinner, heated up just fine and had with a pasta salad. Beat that!
We will keep returning.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Monkeypink

“Absolutely delicious”
Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

We went here for a evening meal, the staff were friendly and attentive, the food and service were amazing, the quality of the food was fantastic, the decor was different but good different and the value was good, great place to eat, loved the fact we could take our own wine aswell, we bought chilli jam from the eat me shop on the same street and would definitely go again and again !!

Scarborough, United Kingdom
“Breakfast Time”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

First time we have been to the new bigger premises, same decent, tasty breakfasts, good value as it includes Tea etc & Orange or Apple juice. Did not have to wait as there was one table free, which obviously is why they needed a bigger place, it did put me off a little previously due having to wait etc, but that should be less of an issue now. Especially good, as on this occasion, there was four of us. Will return more often now. Just one small point, a jug of hot water would be nice with the teapot. Cakes look wonderful & intend trying them next visit.

Imperia, Italy
“Perfect Lunch Spot”
Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

My sister introduced me to Eat Me, we grew up near Scarborough so have run out of enthusiasm for many eating spots... We popped in for lunch and enjoyed an amazing tasty lunch with great service! I love the menu for the variety and the fact it's all made and sourced locally and It is worth the wait. It's a busy place at lunch and I haven't tried the evening menu but I overheard that they are booked well in advance- prof they are doing something right! Try it- it's great food, served well and not the price tag you'd expect for something so tasty!

“Great Chilli”
Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

We have eaten at Eat Me a number of times but this was our first visit to their new premises. Our first impressions were that it looks lovely, we liked the little touches like the cat on the wall etc. now for the food as always we were not disappointed, one of my Sons had the Coronation Chicken sandwich, my other son had Fish Finger sandwich, my Mum had the cottage Pie (not its actual name) and I had the best Chilli ever, I love Chilli, I think I make a pretty good Chilli, but this was something else, the spices used tasted fantastic, it was served with brown rice and slaw, all were delicious, but next time I may ask for chips with it, only because Eat Me's chips are yummy.

Visited March 2013