“ITS NOT FAIR ITS 60 MILES TO EAT AT EAT ME !!!!!”
Review of Eat Me Cafe

Eat Me Cafe
Ranked #6 of 365 Restaurants in Scarborough
Cuisines: American, Asian, British
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Eat Me Cafe sits quietly in a backstreet of Scarborough behind the world-famous Stephen Joseph Theatre. We offer a diverse multicultural menu, serving hand-packed burgers, Japanese Ramen, Shetland Pie, Thai Curries.... And much much more. 95% Of our food is made in-house from scratch. Our wide range of cakes changes daily. We serve our own much loved blend of coffee, fair trade certified and expertly roasted by The Heavenly Coffee Company and this can't be found anywhere else. All our food is cooked to order, and at busy times there may be a delay. Our chips are skin on for goodness and seasoned with Eat Me's own blend seasoning. We only use Butter on our breads and please be aware that Our Kitchen contains nuts, both kinds. If you have special dietary requirements please let us know and we will try to accommodate. We always have dairy free butter alternatives and soya milk on request, as well as Gluten Free bread for those sandwich requirements. Also, during the day when busy you may be asked to share a table, you never know who you might meet. We love Yorkshire and Scarborough and were so proud to receive The Good Food Guide Cafe of the Year 2014 award and be in the guide again for 2015. We embrace our quirkiness, bringing a smile to our customers faces from the moment they walk in! Finally if you are in a rush for the theatre, the train or collecting the kids please let us know, we will do all we humanly can!
Reviewed May 22, 2011

I am really disappointed in 'EAT ME' in Scarborough, because I had to travel a round trip from Leeds of 120 Miles to get there....... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What a brilliant find, Non of your greasy Cafes which seem to symbolise a sea side cafe/bistro.

On discovering EAT ME, by accident, the whole street had an unusual collection of business's, which mixed well. We were warmly welcomed by mine hosts Marytn and Stephen.

We arrived at lunchtime as we had not eaten. I chose the Roast of the Day- Gammon, mash pots, squeaky crisp carrots and green beans with a Yummy gravy of fantastic consistency.

My husband had a wonderful Burger topped with cheese and bacon on granary bread with mixed salad and coleslaw served on a wooden board, --- BUT the piece de resistance--- THE CHIPS were to die for, cooked in dripping, skins on and served in a silver tin bucket, all home made and cooked to our requirements.
I loved the quirky way that bond handled cutlery served in a Tate and Lyle Treacle tin, tea pots had old fashioned knitted tea cosy on, milk in a little bottles. The mixture of old and new mixed really well.
Service, was excellent, Martyn and Stephen need to be complimented on their choice of staff front of house and in the kitchen.
Value for money, we paid £10.00 for the two of us. We want to come back for an evening meal, need to book early ....
But the over all atmosphere was of a modern eating house with a twist of nostalgia
Looking forward to going to EAT ME again.
Mel

There are newer reviews for Eat Me Cafe

Reviewed May 20, 2011

Found this place by accident the other day and am only disappointed that it is not closer to home!

Eat me has a lovely atmosphere with a nice welcome and pleasant clean slightly quirky decor.

The menu contained lots to choose from, burgers, salads, sandwiches all supplemented by a board full of specials.

The home made veggie burger was delicious, hot and fresh, came sandwiched between two toasted slices of bread (the offer White or brown) accompanied by a bucket of chips and garnised with home-made coleslaw and salad. This was more than enough for lunch, in fact my husband helped me finish the chips and I'm not a light eater by any stretch of the imagination - all for £5- excellent value.

marste007, Owner at Eat Me Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2011

Thank you for your " Lovely " review , its really nice to see people enjoy what we are doing.
Hope to see you again
Martyn

Reviewed May 18, 2011

Eatme was a chance find in Hanover Road. It looks like a Cafe but serves restaurant quality food at Cafe prices. The burger was amazing. I even tried some of my wife's salad and that too was incredible. It is very fresh all seemed to be local and for a change, the staff in this place were very friendly - something hard to find in some Scarborough eating houses. I over paid my bill because it was such good value for money. Loved the decor and wished I had time to stay longer.

1  Thank MariahMundi
marste007, Owner at Eat Me Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2011

Thank you for taking time to tell others what you think about our little cafe.
Great meeting you and thank you again for your review.
Martyn

Reviewed May 15, 2011

Took ages writing this review sorry ..
Stumbled on this place while walking round scarborough for the day.
On the back street near train staion.
Only seen places like this on my vist to London.
Evenin menu is great apparently changes every week, dont know how !
Starters £3.50 or abour 6 dollers mains were £7 or abour $11.
Should be on Diners driveins and Dives ...
Just Great !

Reviewed May 11, 2011

After reading Tripadvisor reviews of this place, i didnt expect what i found, The village in New York in Scarborough...
I came for lunch @ 12:30 and came back for dinner @7:00pm it was that good.
I would have come back every day if i didnt have to continue my travels to York.
Great food at amazing prices, i dont know how you guys do it.
Fot lunch i had amazing welsh rabit and dinner, the best thai green curry i have ever had...
A trip rounfd the world in one place.

Look forward to my return next year.

1  Thank shaunlstreet
marste007, Owner at Eat Me Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2011

Thank you for your review and look forward to seeing you again