“Day out at Scarborough”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We were both wondering what we were going to eat and came across The Famous Fish Pan on the sea front, the service was great and the food was fantastic, freshly prepared and well cooked, a really great find, will definitely be going back.

1  Thank nickeland
FishpanManager1, Manager at The Famous Fishpan, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your review. I am so glad you enjoyed your visit to The Famous Fishpan.

We hope to see you again soon!

Write a reviewReviews (1,086)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Best family place to eat. The staff are very friendly and cannot do enough to meet your needs. The staff are great with children and take time to listen to them.
The food is great and tastes amazing.
The food is good value for money.
The restaurant is very clean and hygienic.
We always eat here on every visit from Derbyshire and have done for over two years.

1  Thank stubby2476

Thanks for your review, it means a lot to us! I am so glad you enjoyed your visit and food.

Thank you again and hope to see you again on your visit to Scarborough!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Batter in lots of oil and undercooked batter when i asked for it to be done longer.
Definitely did not taste like cod.
Terrible fish

Devastated we were

Date of visit: September 2019
FishpanManager1, Owner at The Famous Fishpan, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi and thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

I am so sorry that you did not enjoy your visit. We would love for you to try us again upon your next visit and if there is anything wrong with your order, please just ask for the manager as we do take quality control complaints seriously. Unfortunately, we are unable to compensate you in any way if nothing is mentioned at the time of the order being received.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Had fish and chips from here today. Chips were outstanding. I mean literally the best I’ve ever had. Fresh and crisp, cooked perfectly. Fish was just perfection. Batter was amazing. The place caught my eye by how many people were queuing. Service was friendly and prompt, and the portion was huge. I’ll be recommending this place to everyone. 10/10 the best fish and chips I’ve ever had. I’ll certainly be back. Really made my day

Date of visit: September 2019

Thank you for your review - we are very grateful when people take the time to praise our staff's hard work and the high standard of our food.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 8, 2019 via mobile

Called in for a sneely tray of chips mid afternoon. They were more like boiled potatoes that had been dipped in the fryer then left on the side. You could still taste the raw potatoe flavour, even though they were soft. Really really pale, cold and greasy. We ate about 5 of them then chucked them in the bin. What a mistake. Wish I hadn't bothered and better still I should have returned them and complained.

1  Thank richardw96
FishpanManager1, Owner at The Famous Fishpan, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Hi Richard

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Please accept my apologies about the food you received, this is not the standard we endeavour to deliver to our customers.

Unfortunately there is very little we can do with situations like this if the food isn't immediately returned. If there is a complaint or issue we would more than happily replace them, or provide a full refund.

I would be most grateful if you would give us the benefit of the doubt and try us again, and if there is anything wrong please ask for the manager and we will resolve it to the best of our abilities.