2,155 results
All reviews indulgence menu country house roll top bath new owners beautiful hotel the general manager four poster bed public rooms dining room standard room evening meal relaxing break night break kippers wonderful stay nothing is too much trouble short break
Selected filters
Reviewed April 15, 2019 via mobile

Amazing find can only give a 5 for everything.

This is a little gem of a find, I’m so glad that I found it, My wife and I have already made 2 more bookings for May & June.

The owners have made a fantastic job on their renovations, keeping the original features but adding a contemporary and modern feel to other areas that compliment each other.
It’s very traditional but has a boutique feel.

The staff are very friendly and professional who are very proud of the hotel and show great pride when talking about it.
The grounds are well keep with beautiful walks, the only sound you can hear are the birds singing. If your looking for tranquility this is it.

I’ve eaten in some of the best restaurants in the world and the food I had here breakfast and dinner were first class.

The bar is very reasonable priced not like a lot of hotels that over charge because they feel they can.

I met the owners who are very down to earth guys who were modest that spoke pleasantly with the guest.

Can’t wait to return the sooner the better.

Thanks for a great weekend

Mike & Lisa

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 14, 2019

A Hotel full of character with some lovely modern touches in the bedroom. The staff were very attentive. Lovely views from the conservatory watching the lambs & Deers.
Evening Meal was fantastic & a great choice of spirits in the bar.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 14, 2019

From checking in to out staff friendly ad warm. Relaxing spacious four poster bed room. Food exceptional. ; will go again one of my favourite
hotels. Situated just outside Selby village, views spectacular. We'll done Kevin Crow GM and team everything was fabulous needed the break so loved it. I could not reccomend this hotel enough many thanks Billy and Izzy x

Room tip: Room 8 four poster bedded room so romantic
Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 2, 2019 via mobile

Another welcome stay in our favourite hotel! We had room 21 which is situated at the top of the building with a view over the rear garden. It's airy and spacious with a very large bed, roll top bath in the main room and separate bathroom with shower. The welcome and food were as excellent as we have come to expect and as per we were talking about when we're coming again over breakfast (I'd recommend the eggs benedict :-) )
For once we arrived in good time and had a walk into Scarborough along the disused railway line then back along the front. With hindsight we'd have cut through the graveyard as it got much less scenic after that which would have knocked maybe 40 minutes off. It took us a couple of hours of brisk walking all told. If we'd have been a bit quicker I'd have liked to have tried one of the 2 pubs on Scalby high Street but cream tea beckoned!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 31, 2019 via mobile

Another lovely stay at this fabulous hotel excellent staff immaculate rooms, food top class as I always say after I leave a review can't wait to go back. This visit was a mother's day treat and also our friends joined us making it perfect.

Date of stay: March 2019