“Beautiful and Romantic”
Review of Wrea Head Hall

Wrea Head Hall
Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in Scarborough
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I booked our weekend at Wrea head hall months ago as the reviews and the photos of this beautiful building were exactly the kind of place my wife loves. Once the weekend finally came our expectations were met in every way. It's not a place that we would normally stay at as seems too posh. But as a valentines treat it was such a romantic setting and the price wasn't bad at all.. The house is stunning and the owners are doing an outstanding job trying to keep the ambience of a country house feel.. We ate in the 1881 restaurant our first night and were made to feel special.. Again not used to this kind of service but lapped it up.. The room we had was room 11 which had been refurbished.. Quite a small room but pleasantly decorated and warm with great en suite.. There was no view but we knew this on booking and for what we paid we have no complaints.. This hotel woud be number 1 in Scarborough without a doubt if it wasn't for the odd negative review. If you're looking for a hotel in Scarborough this is the one.. Look at how many reviews this place has had (over 800) and it's still number 3 out of 29 and look at number 1.. Only had 40+ reviews.. It's not a true reflection and trip advisor should sort this out really as Wrea head isn't getting the credit it deserves... Number 1 in my book. Thanks for a lovely stay to all at Wrea head hall from Mr and Mrs Crookes

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank jaydablade

Reviewed February 15, 2013

We received wonderful service from all the staff during our short stay. The hotel has beautiful grounds, and a variety of interesting artwork. The food was absolutely delicious (go for a dinner, b&b option if you can!), and the beds extremely comfortable. This is a great base to explore the surrounding countryside. Slightly let down by not having decent decaf coffee for after dinner - I'm hoping they will have rectified this before my next visit, as will definitely be going back!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank fiojim
Reviewed February 15, 2013

We have just returned home after staying for a couple of nights at the Wrea Head Hotel. The whole experience is great from the moment you book in. The food is gorgeous & the staff are on hand to assist you. If you want a special experience book into room one you wont be dissapointed. Well done Gerry, Ann & staff. Mr Mrs Stott

Room Tip: Room one is a very special room but as there is a refurbishment happening its best to check with rec...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bunting3851
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Have been to this hotel many times for the only reason the staff are great and very helpful and attentive , the food at night was some of the best we have eaten whilst staying at similar venues and on arrival Ann on reception knowing it was my 60th birthday on the 9th feb greeted my husband and myself with her big smile and made me feel very special,the hotel was clean with beautiful decor and lots of character,the bar staff where great and the bar prices reasonable.the Wrea Head offers arguably one of the most beautiful settings surrounded by endless scenery of England's most beautiful county i would have no problems in recommending this hotel to anybody. my huband gave this hotel excellent rating overall but for what ever reason the rating showen was a poor one and asked tripadvisor to rectify this rating but nothing has been done so far.

Margaret.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Had a two night DBB stay at this top venue. Setting is picturesque and very quiet yet just a short drive form the seaside and Scarborough. Staff were friendly and helpful, the food was some of the best we have eaten whilst staying at similar venues. The cuisine really does deserve some official rating/ recognition.
Our room No:5 had a great view over the grounds, it was nicely furnished and comfortably warm. Would recommend a visit to the coast, Whitby/Scarborough/Filey.
In short what the Hall has is a great ambience. On leaving we both felt refreshed and fully charged.
Do yourself a favour and pay them a visit, we will be returning (hopefully soon)!

Room Tip: Choose a room with a view.
Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank VikingYork
Reviewed February 7, 2013

We booked for our anual company function. The food menu and execution was spot on. Staff were very friendly and attentive. The Hotel is in the process of contemporary modernisation which may appeal to some people, (Personally I prefer keeping with the traditional look). Despite that small personal preference, I would definitely recommend the Hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I was lucky enough to make this discovery by default. Booked for a business meeting venue by a colleague I was impressed from the moment it walked in. Despite renovation works taking place (not that I noticed, and they weren't intrusive) it was a delight. Good staff, excellent conference option for small business meetings and great value. Food was very much on the ball and of a high standard. Rooms and views were unsurpassed I even watch ed deer in the grounds just ambling around this morning from my window!

I travel a large amount in the UK and Europe and I have to say this is in my top three now, so much so I will come back with the family in the future. Well done to the staff and owners the finished article will be truly impressive

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scarborough
The Crown Spa Hotel
Hackness Grange Country House Hotel
Weston Hotel
Weston Hotel
#2 of 26 in Scarborough

Been to Wrea Head Hall? Share your experiences!