“Thought it might be hype......”

CoGoni's Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #22 of 358 Restaurants in Scarborough
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Pontefract, United Kingdom
“Thought it might be hype......”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Thought this restaurant was being hyped up but no, it really is that special. The service is second to none, our waiter was friendly and attentive but not over zealous. The ravioli is made in house and it really shows. Everything we had was beautifully presented and the flavours were just amazing. So different to some other so called "italian" restaurants. It's not the cheapest but not over expensive, we thought it was worth every penny

Scarborough
“Lovely Meal, great service”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

We visited Cogonis for the first time after friends had recommended it and we were not disappointed. We had a friendly greeting on arrival, the menu was varied and we were offered tomato or sesame seed bread. We had squid, very tender and wild mushrooms for starters and the Land cutlets, and Sea Bass with caper and olives for mains. Everything was cooked to perfection, the vegetables were a good selection and not overcooked and the goose fat and rosemary potatoes were scrummy. The service was attentive but not over the top and we liked the call button if you wanted attention, water was provided without asking. I can only agree with other reviewers and it is definitely the best meal we have had in a long time having recently moved to Scarborough, we will be returning

Hornsea
“Great Italian Restaurant”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Had the best Italian meal ever at CoGonis on Saturday night. The service was attentive without being intrusive and no detail was overlooked. Our waitress even decanted our house wine at the table. I had deep fried squid and my husband had slow roasted duck leg for starters - both delicious. I had the crab ravioli for a main course and it was fabulous. My husband had gorgeous pink rack of lamb with al dente vegetables. Both agreed it was a triumph. Will definitely go back again when we are in Scarborough.

Manchester
“Great food and service”
Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

Went to CoGonis last night (Thursday) having read the reviews on Tripadvisor. Luckily they were fairly quiet so we didn't have a problem getting a table. The two waitresses were very friendly and attentive but the have "call" buttons on the table if ever you feel ignored or it's busy. We both had the crab ravioli to start. My wife's in a tomato sauce and mine in a parsley butter sauce and they were both heaven. For main, my wife had the sea bass in an olive and caper sauce and loved it. I had the rack of lamb cooked to perfection. I didn't go for a sauce as I wanted to taste the lamb but wished I had just to go with the veg. Roast potatoes need a sauce. I would definitely go back if I'm ever in Scarborough again.

Visited January 2014
Scarborough
“STILL THE NUMBER ONE RESTAURANT IN SCARBOROUGH”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

It has been some time since I last reviewed this restaurant so a review is well overdue. We had a meal on Friday 17th November to celebrate my wife's birthday. Both of us do not like large meals so we did not have a starter. We were given some lovely complementary bread and a pitcher of chilled water. For the main course my wife had sea bass and I had chicken. My wife thought her meal was one of the nicest sea bass meals she has ever had. My chicken meal was very good. The chicken was obviously good quality chicken and tasted delicious. We both had a chocolate fondant dessert which we thought was very nice. The wine was nicely chilled and a chiller provided. Service throughout the meal was very good. Overall a nice experience. This restaurant is definitely the number one restaurant in town for a romantic meal. The décor, the ambience and the background music are very good. The food and service cannot be beaten in Scarborough.

1 Thank YorkshireFellow