“Excellent food and service”

CoGoni's Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #25 of 365 Restaurants in Scarborough
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: We are now closed for the next couple of months for refurbishment.
Reviewed January 12, 2013

What to say that hasn't already been said. We visited there with my elderly mother on a Friday night and managed to reserve the last table available for that time slot. We arrived at the restaurant only to find the table was upstairs (not ideal for my mother). The staff were more than accommodating and managed to swap the table (with another party) for a table downstairs.

The home made bread was fresh and lovely; the starters of squid was fresh, succulent and perfectly cooked and the rack of lamb main was the best and tastiest lamb I have eaten for a long time.

On all fronts you would be hard pushed to find a better restaurant in the UK, let alone Scarborough. Thumbs up on all aspects.

4  Thank John_O_28_12
There are newer reviews for CoGoni's Ristorante Italiano

Reviewed January 10, 2013

We visited this restaurant just before New Year. The ambiance was very good with lighting subtle and music non-intrusive. I was impressed with the waitress service: just enough attention to make us feel wanted but not over-fussy. The standard of food throughout was excellent both in terms of quality and presentation, the wine was very reasonably priced and I have no hesitation in recommending this venue.

4  Thank Andrew_Moodie
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We visited this restaurant for my wife's birthday on 5/1/13. What can I say the food was wonderful. For starters we had the meatballs (delicious) and the garlic mushrooms in a Parmesan basket which was fab. You also got a nice slice of onion bread. I had the seafood linguine for main course and my wife had the rack of lamb. Both of the main courses were really substantial but were totally delicious. The staff were great and our meal including a nice bottle of rose came to £50 which in my view was excellent for this high quality meal. Well done Cogonis - the best restaurant we have ate in in Scarborough bar none !!!!!!!

3  Thank Southyorks6
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Very good service with a party of 12, Good wines, Very happy..
Not very happy with Trip Advisor though making things difficult to give an honest report.
Martin Donnelly.
Yacht "Dash"

2  Thank MPD S
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Had another superlative evening in CoGonis recently. Going on past visits we expect this restaurant to be excellent and it did not disappoint: still the best in Scarborough by a long way. The service was faultless, friendly and attentive without being intrusive. We ate mostly pasta dishes and the pasta was beautifully "al dente"; their freshly made ravioli is a must (I have trouble deciding between the chicken and the crab). The sea bass was also fresh, light, and delicious. Those roast potatoes are so scrumptious: crispy on the outside, light and floury on the inside, make sure not to miss those when you visit! We somehow managed zabaglione for pudding and thoroughly enjoyed those as well. A word of admiration about the starters - we had the meat balls, the battered squid and the mushrooms in a parmesan basket, all of these were absolutely delicious and we shared them between the three of us. We also shared a pleasant bottle of Australian Chardonnay and our bill for three was under a £100, not at all excessive in our opinion. This is a busy and successful restaurant - book well ahead to secure a table.

2  Thank has2bperfect