“Fantastic meal”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 20, 2013

This was our first visit to Bryherstones. We visited (me and mum) on Saturday lunch, we had not booked, but did not have a problem getting a table, the lovely lady behind the bar told us to choose where we would like to sit, we choose a table over looking the garden. Whilst we were waiting for our meal, a very friendly member of staff came in and greeted us all warmly. Mum ordered the ham sandwich which came with a lovely fresh salad, coleslaw and a bowl of chips, her verdict was it was wonderful and the ham was the best cooked ham she had tasted for a long time. Me I was more greedy and opted for the steak pie, which I have to say was the best meal I have eaten anywhere in a long time, beautiful pastry crust, served with 5 different vegetables, plus new potato's and yummy chips. One of the things I liked, was they were in no hurry to take your money, I didn't pay until I had finished my meal, there are not many places like that nowadays! The man who I assume was the Landlord, was really friendly and genuinely cared bout the food and service. It seemed a very friendly pub. Will we come back again? Yes most definitely and will recommend to others as well.

There are newer reviews for Bryherstones Inn

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Found Bryherstones on Trip Advisor and felt we had to give it a try during our stay in Scarborough as the reviews were so good. Am very pleased that we did. Went there for an evening meal for my birthday with my partner and enjoyed the best meal we had eaten for some time. There's a good menu choice and the service & setting is second to none. Will be recommending it to my friends if they are ever in the area.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Read the reviews on here decided to visit. We arrived car park was empty when we left there were 23 cars in car park about one hour later (this place is off the beaten track) so the food does the talking. Amazing choice on the menu and also a specials board. We had the Bryherstones grill which was fillet steak, gammon steak,thick sausage, cajun chicken, mushrooms, tomatoes, onion rings and chunky chips. The dessert menu was good to I had raspberry roulade (best dessert I have ever eaten) Only wish we had found this place at the beginning of our stay and not at the end. We recommended it to another guest at our boarding house and they had an amazing meal too. The owners of the B and B are coming too. Amazing good quality fresh food can't be beaten

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Four of us visited this pub last Sunday for lunch.Very good lunch,very good value.The staff/owners were very friendly and the service was just right.A fair selection of real ales together with the standard brands seen in most pubs these days.The pub is on a main road and easy to find about four miles north of Scarborough.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

My wife and I had an evening meal here after getting a recommendation from the hotel we were staying at. It was excellent, and the very best you can expect from a country inn. I liked the traditional decor and layout, with drinking areas as well as eating areas. The menu provided first-class home-made pub food; I can certainly recommend the "famous steak pie" especially if you have a good appetite! Indeed all the portions looked to be very generous, including my desert of lime cheesecake. There was a good selection of beers; the hosts were friendly and the service excellent. We will definitely call in again when we're next in the area - it's worth arranging our itinerary to accommodate.