“Excellent!!”

Granby Hotel
Granby Hotel
Ranked #55 of 184 Scarborough B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 11, 2013

This was a last minute booking which was thee best choice of hotel, ever! Received a warm welcome from all at hotel when we arrived. The room was spotless and food was brilliant! Well stocked, cosy bar area too! Would recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank laurenj123
There are newer reviews for Granby Hotel

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Just returned from 60th birthday weekend (12 to 14 July 13) with friends and family. This was our first experience of the Granby Hotel. Well what can we say...... Gary and Gillian were perfect hosts and could not do enough to help not only ourselves but all guests that visited this hotel. The rooms were clean and tidy although we felt they were a little tired and needed a little T.L.C. Breakfast was large and filling and all needs catered for. Entertainment, Gary thought he could sing although that was his opinion (actually he was quite good....eat your heart out Gary Barlow ). There was varied entertainment ie Play your cards right, Irish bingo ect, all very light hearted and great fun. Location central to all amenities. Would we go back, yes that is a certainty, we can understand why people come back time after time. Thank you Gary, Gillian and team we wish you all the best. P.S give up on the S... shirts as they really were S..TE HA HA.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Have just returned home from another great visit to Scarborough and staying at The Grandby Hotel. I went with my 9yr old daughter and we were allocated a twin room ( no 6 ) which looks out to the side of the Hotel onto a carpark.
The room had adequate storage facilities for clothes. The was an ensuite toilet & shower with the handbasin situated in the bedroom area. This set up suited us fine as meant I could get on with brushing my teeth whilst daughter was having her shower.
The Hotel is a short walk to South Bay beach where there is an abudence of shops/cafes/bars & restaurants.
It is also within a reasonable walking distance of Peasham Park.
Breakfast was fantastic and although we did not have any evening meals at Hotel, other guests couldnt praise them enough.
My daughter and I will certainly look forward to another visit next summer.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Aldente2010
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I'm not sure whether it was just because I went with my school, but everyone found that the food portions were tiny! However the staff were very, very friendly and the facilities were clean and hygienic. For me I think the best room was no. 15 as it had a nice en suite, a double bed, a single bed and a bunk bed. The room I stayed in was no. 16 but I didn't like it very much as it was quite small and only had a toilet not a shower, however there is a public shower on the floor below. It couldn't be a better location, there is only a 10 minute walk from the hotel to both beaches either side. It is a good use of the property and everything that needs to be there was there, without it being overcrowded. The sleep quality was amazing , there were no disturbances at all and overall it was quite a good hotel. I wouldn't recommend it as a must but was a good experience.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here june 2013 4 nights .The food was really 1st class had to ask for smaller portions both owners fantastic nothing too much for them staff 1st class its clean tidy and really child friendly.I highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting scarborough

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed May 6, 2013

the best place for a weekend with my wife and all our friends and relations.good food good company what more could you ask for.gary and gillian and the staff are brilliant.good nights in the bar great entertainment every time.this will be our 7th year this year.

Room Tip: oops no swimming pool .
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank fatlarry1339
Reviewed September 20, 2012

first time staying at the granby hotel and i loved it Gary, Gillian and staff made us feel welcome rooms are comfortable and clean meals are lovely entertainment at night was fun we are going back next year i would recomend it to anybody

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple