“Comfortable hotel”
Review of The Mount Hotel

The Mount Hotel
Ranked #14 of 26 Hotels in Scarborough
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Stayed here for one night when we finished walking the Cleveland Way. We had a spacious room with a sea view. The decour was a bit dated and the bathroom could do with a makeover (get rid of the shower curtain!). Nevertheless the bed was comfortable and there was no noise despite being near the lift. Very friendly service at breakfast. One odd thing though, the menu listed heather honey among the preserves. When it arrived it was blossom honey. When I queried this I was told that they only had blossom honey and never had had heather honey. I suggest they update their menu.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 27, 2014

The hotel was, clean, comfortable and the staff very friendly, polite and helpful.

The upstairs however, does not reflect the smartness of the downstairs and is a bit dim and tired looking.
I had breakfast in the hotel, service good if not a tad too quick, cutlery and other items very clean and pleasant a pleasure to eat there.
My one moan is that I had trouble with the toilet in that the handle snapped, I reported this about 6.30pm and fully expected when I returned it would be fixed this was not the case so I was left with the alternative of either going downstairs through the night or indeed lifting off the cistern lid and operating the flush myself which I did so as not to cause any extra work for the staff aor indeed any embarrassment to myself.
At 8.30am someone did attempt to repair the toilet to ne avail and when I left the Receptionist who did apologise to me was in the process of ringing for a plumber which should have happened in the first place.

I would visit the hotel again but should not have been allowed to happen in as much when the toilet broke it should have been repaired pronto.

Room Tip: one without a broken toilet and one overlooking the front.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank BONDINO1
Reviewed July 22, 2014

I used to stay here whilst visiting my mother in a local care home. I had tried many hotels in Scarborough before I found The Mount, once found I it I never went anywhere else. After my mother died I didn't visit Scarborough for a couple of years. The lady who owned the hotel also sadly passed away and I was worried things would not be the same as she was such an integral part of the hotel. I'm glad to report her family now runs the place and standards have been well maintained. Lovely rooms, I always get one with a sea view, very friendly staff and a great breakfast, which is served in their lovely restaurant. The Mount Hotel is slightly old fashioned but that's what I love about the place.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AGDowson
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Stayed for one night last weekend. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Lovely room with a seaview.
The breakfast was amazing, excellent choice - kippers, porridge we had the full English which was delicious. Not the usual buffet bur full waited service, very personal.
Will stay again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 8, 2014

I decided last week I wanted a few days at the coast so, hopped onto the train and called into the Mount to see if they had any single rooms. They people on reception were very friendly and helpful. I found their prices quite reasonable compare to the £90 per night I had been quoted down the road.

My room on the top floor was a good size, the bed was very comfortable and it had everything in you would expect from a good hotel, plus great WiFi. The rooms are attended to daily and even the staff doing this were very chatty and friendly.

Their breakfast which, was in with the reasonable price of the room, was second to none. The staff again where great and nothing was too much trouble. I've been trying to eat healthy recently but one sniff and taste of their full English soon made me fall off the wagon, it was lovely.

After staying two nights I decided to stay on for an additional night and I will definitely go back again!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Shane J
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a weekend July 4th
Allocated room 19 think it was the Southdown room .Wow! Superb room with separate sitting area, brilliant sea views.
Staff were so friendly and helpful, showed us to our room personally
Breakfast is the best I have ever had so plentiful and great choice!
Will most certainly return
Also dog friendly .. May have a four legged companion next time

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed July 1, 2014

We visited the Mount Hotel on fathers day for Sunday lunch. The meal in the restaurant was excellent. Unfortunately paper serviettes were the order of the day. I would have given full marks if cotton napkins had been provided. However we received first class service from all of the staff and enjoyed a wonderful afternoon together as a family.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family