“too good to miss”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Takeout
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
“too good to miss”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

what a great place to eat fish and chips and sausage and oinion and the lovely bacon and tom, i go every tues and the service is first class, with the best of views to eat the food what more can i say---keep up the good taste

• Visited December 2013

Leicester, United Kingdom
“worst experience ever! dont go here”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

We visitied the oasis looking for a breakfast whilst in scarborough for a couple of days for my partner's birthday in october 2013 and had a horrific experience!!
I will never be returning here and was so stunned at the terrible service felt compelled to join tripadvisor to tell people!
We sat down upstaits in the supposed "restaurant" area.
As i am pregnant and unable to have fried eggs i had asked if i could have scrambled eggs instead and as i wouldnt also want the black pudding could i swap it for say an extra sausage or bacon. Also needed to swap caffinated tea for a decaffinated tea instead,
The staff were most unhelpful and particlarly rude. Telling me that i certaiinly could not swap or alter any items and at best i could ask to simply have them taken off.
At £9.50 for the breakfast i said i felt it a little unfair to have to remove 3 item and have to pay the same and not be "allowed" to swap for my pregnant needs.
I was infomed that the chef didnt like to be "mucked" around. At this point decided to walk out.
I was horrified at the rude unhelpful service.
I then went down the road to the watermark cafe and had a fantastic breakfast at a fraction of the price.
Walking back past the oasis i decided to tell the manager of my experience and tell her why we had walked out and would not be returning.
She laughed in front of a queue of her customers saying "i dont care", i really dont give a s%$t!" how very unprofessional !!
Do not give these people your money!! walk 2 more minutes down the front to the watermark cafe instead.

I walked out after their rude unhelpful and horrific version of "service."
DONT go to the Oasis!!

• Visited October 2013
7 Thank dancesreview
Morpeth, United Kingdom
“Sea view and good food, fits the bill.”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Had a nice light lunch here on a lovely sunny day. We both ordered a burger and were surprised to get a plate of very fresh salad and a bowl of perfect chips to go along with the burgers. Good value for money. Some Thai food on the fishy menu. View lovely - we sat at the outside balcony facing the beach and watched all the action. Would definitely go again.

• Visited September 2013
“Good food at a reasonable price”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

My wife and I and also my daughter went to the oasis for our wedding anniversary, we found the waitress very friendly she couldn't do enough for us. The food was good and the drinks wasn't over priced, all in all very enjoyable evening.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Raymondtmoorhouse
Peterborough, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We had two evening meals here during a recent holiday. On the first I had Cottage Pie with veg and chips and my fiance Thai Noodles. Both were very tasty altho I left most of the chips. The second evening he ordered Lobster Curry and steak for myself followed by Syrup Sponge and Custard and Strawberries with Cream. Very nice although the steak was a little tough and beware the whole red chilli in the curry, which is meant to be mild????
Staff friendly and efficient, atmosphere nice and price reasonable.
Amazing view from the balcony tables.
There is a lift to the restaurant, downstairs is a takeaway, which was plenty big enough to accommodate a wheelchair.

• Visited August 2013