“What a gem!”

Francis Tea Rooms
Cuisines: British, Soups
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Take a step back in time. . . Francis Tea Rooms is set in an original 1930's hairdressing salon, complete with wood-pannelled booths. It has an unique atmosphere with hand embroidered tablecloths and Art Deco vases. We serve Taylors coffee and a variety of their loose teas in vintage china. A varied menu of brunch, light lunches and afternoon teas is available as well as a large selection of homemade cakes, tray bakes and scones. Our specialities are Homemade Soups, Welsh Rarebits, Quiches and Traditional Afternoon Teas. Our own recipe scones, lemon meringue pie and fresh fruit almond cakes earned us a place in The Guardians Top Ten Budget Eats - Yorkshire Coast 2010.
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“What a gem!”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Was recommended this tea room by the landlady where we are staying. What a gem! The waitress who looked after us was brilliant! The place is very oldie worldie with booths. Had afternoon tea which included a selection of sandwiches, cakes, scones & strawberries along with two cups of assam tea all fro £13. My wife & I will be going here again on our next visit to Scarborough. Added extra of a free bowl of sweets on the table.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Mike B

“Step back in time”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

What a quaint original tearoom!! Individual cubicles for your table. Staff were enthusiastic and helpful with excellent advice on the food and the untold choice of fresh leaf teas, all served on amazing bone china tea sets. We tried several speciality teas and the food was fantastic. Owners spent time with us explaining history of the tea rooms and shared their love of tea and china with us. Had great lunch and tea staff were friendly helpful and knowledgeable about their teas and china. Wonderful like stepping back to a bygone era. Great thank you!

Visited July 2014
2 Thank kevin w
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

was an original 1920's hair salon and the cubicles and many original features still remain. the mis match bone china is quirky but make the atmosphere even more original, the menu for such a small cute tea room is large and the choice of teas is vast.....GO THERE , but you can be disappointed so book

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Julie T
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“RETURNING VISITOR”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Found myself in sunny Scarborough last week, yes it was sunny, and of course I had to visit my favourite Tea Room. In fact I went 3 times, there is nowhere better to enjoy tea. Brad and Sarah are such lovely owners and never too busy to have a chat even though they seemed very busy. Brad introduced me to a new Egyptian Tea called Moringa, since I love herbal teas it was a delight.He seems to know all his teas and said he tries them all. Another great favourite of mine is the Lady Grey which I had never heard of. I had quiche and salad and was spoilt for choice with the the variety and it was beautiful. Of course I went back twice before I left being and being a person who frequents cafe etc. I have found nowhere better than Francis Tea Rooms.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank nothing461
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Just popped in”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Went up to Scarborough for Armed Forces Day and and fancied a cuppa so it had to be Francis, my wife and I were remembered by by the owners and despite only wanting a pot of tea each we were more than welcome to sit in one of the charming booths that are used for Afternoon Tea etc. Oops missed out that my wife could not resist some beautiful home baked cake with her tea.

I has become a family 'must' to visit these tearooms if we are in or around Scarborough, looking forward to our next visit.

• Visited June 2014