“Well worth a visit!”

Francis Tea Rooms
Cuisines: British, Soups
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Take a step back in time. . . Francis Tea Rooms is set in an original 1930's hairdressing salon, complete with wood-pannelled booths. It has an unique atmosphere with hand embroidered tablecloths and Art Deco vases. We serve Taylors coffee and a variety of their loose teas in vintage china. A varied menu of brunch, light lunches and afternoon teas is available as well as a large selection of homemade cakes, tray bakes and scones. Our specialities are Homemade Soups, Welsh Rarebits, Quiches and Traditional Afternoon Teas. Our own recipe scones, lemon meringue pie and fresh fruit almond cakes earned us a place in The Guardians Top Ten Budget Eats - Yorkshire Coast 2010.
Reviewed February 22, 2013

After hearing about Francis Tea Rooms from a few different people we decided to call in for lunch on Saturday. It was fabulous. Tasty food, great service, and very reasonably priced. We had timed it just right as people were being turned away just after we had sat down. The character of the place is wonderful, we will definately be visiting again.

1  Thank KCWJScarborough

Reviewed February 19, 2013

After hearing brilliant reviews about this place, I decided to check it out for myself. I was not disappointed. The staff were friendly, polite and professional, the food looked and tasted amazing and was well worth the price and the lovely private booths topped everything off nicely. It was a lovely visit for myself and my son who were enjoying some quality mummy and son time. Would recommend these tearooms and will definitely be paying another visit (or two) myself.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Afternoon tea value for money and in a unique place with great service. Soup lovely too. Everyone should visit.

3  Thank tommyhs
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Just when my faith in other peoples tastes, skills etc were reaching a point of abandonment. We found this lovely venue. All is not lost people. If you ever visit Scarborough go here. If you live here and haven't yet been, go and get your shoes on right now. Less than a tenner for a large pot of loose leaf Yorkshire tea, a large pot of hot choc with all the trimmings, a good size warm scone and the heavenly cheese, potato and bacon bake. GORGEOUS. See you all next weekend.

4  Thank revmatteojonesi
Reviewed January 26, 2013

This is a delightful tea room. Going into Francis Tea Rooms is rather like going back in time. You will be shown to your own private booth, where the table is already set for tea. A pretty embroidered tablecloth is covered with elegant teacups and saucers. The centrepiece is a jar of midget gems, which are there for your enjoyment.
Francis have scrumptious cakes and scones, and an impressive food menu too.
The service is excellent, I felt like Lord Grantham on my visit.
I’m going back soon for the afternoon tea special at £6.50.
Highly recommended.