“You have got to experience this!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Francis Tea Rooms

Francis Tea Rooms
Ranked #2 of 31 Coffee & Tea in Scarborough
Cuisines: Cafe, British, Soups
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Romantic, Special occasions, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Take a step back in time. . . Francis Tea Rooms is set in an original 1930's hairdressing salon, complete with wood-pannelled booths. It has an unique atmosphere with hand embroidered tablecloths and Art Deco vases. We serve Taylors coffee and a variety of their loose teas in vintage china. A varied menu of brunch, light lunches and afternoon teas is available as well as a large selection of homemade cakes, tray bakes and scones. Our specialities are Homemade Soups, Welsh Rarebits, Quiches and Traditional Afternoon Teas. Our own recipe scones, lemon meringue pie and fresh fruit almond cakes earned us a place in The Guardians Top Ten Budget Eats - Yorkshire Coast 2010.
Scarborough, United Kingdom
“You have got to experience this!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

Wow. How fabulous was this! Imagine being Alice in Wonderland and finding a beautifully set table in a private booth where there are sweeties offered to you labelled 'eat me'. A real treat where you just want to eat everything you see. You can even buy treats to take home. A wonderful ambience where time is irrelevant because you wont want to leave and join the real world again.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank 544Lisa

Wherever I lay my hat
“Olde world type setting in cubicles and old china crockery”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Well worth seeing. takes you back a few years and very good service.Staff were very efficient and welcoming.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Bigun9
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Service food and staff excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

We visited recently and have never been treated so well, the afternoon tea was to die for and the staff were attentive and really nice people. I would recommend to any locals or people visiting and I will definitely be visiting again!

1 Thank ChelseyHalifax
Scarborough, United Kingdom
“What a marvel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

Both my children have been residents on South St and until today have always passed by this establishment with the intention of going and treating ourselves. We always thought of this as a cafe like any other, how wrong were we!!We thought we would have just tea and cake we were stuck for time only had about half an hour until the grandchildren were coming for their tea but after looking at the extensive menu and then hearing the specials on top we decided to put them off coming for another half an hour to really enjoy ourselves. We were shown to a booth how lovely a table laid so prettily with china cups and quirky salt and pepper pots , free sweets in a dish that had a label which read "Eat me".The staff couldn't have been more attentive providing us very quickly with lovely fresh coffee and real tea. The tea was for one person but there was enough tea to have several more cups. We ordered pea and ham Soup for my husband with plenty of bread and thick soup came with a great pile of ham on the top i ordered the afternoon tea for one priced at £6.50. How lovely to have this wonderful treat served as it would have been done long ago when people enjoyed taking the time to enjoy food and each other's company. I was served with a two tier plate stand finger sized sandwiches on the bottom with fillings of salmon, ham and open egg on wholemeal and white bread,on the top was resplendent with sponge cakes chocolate, lemon drizzle strawberry cheese cake fruit cake and real strawberries amongst these. I know it might make you think i.m going on a little but i can't recommend this wonderful tea room enough and want as many people to know and share this gem. Next time we'll take the grandchildren as i want them to enjoy something there should be more of, an experience you'll never want to forget and all this was just £12.50 i'm definately going back and soon

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank Cinders38
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“blown away”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

walking along the esplanade and came across this wonderful tea room but even more surprised at the food , the cakes and sandwiches were served by friendly staff . I could have sat there all day as the tea room is amazing to look at ,with soft music playing quietly in the back ground. I will certainly by going again and have mentioned it to my friends whom I know will love it.

• Visited October 2012