“A delightful step back in time”
Review of Francis Tea Rooms - CLOSED

Francis Tea Rooms
Cuisines: British, Soups
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Take a step back in time. . . Francis Tea Rooms is set in an original 1930's hairdressing salon, complete with wood-pannelled booths. It has an unique atmosphere with hand embroidered tablecloths and Art Deco vases. We serve Taylors coffee and a variety of their loose teas in vintage china. A varied menu of brunch, light lunches and afternoon teas is available as well as a large selection of homemade cakes, tray bakes and scones. Our specialities are Homemade Soups, Welsh Rarebits, Quiches and Traditional Afternoon Teas. Our own recipe scones, lemon meringue pie and fresh fruit almond cakes earned us a place in The Guardians Top Ten Budget Eats - Yorkshire Coast 2010.
Scarborough
“A delightful step back in time”
Reviewed January 30, 2012

On our 20th Wedding Anniversary (China) my wife and I had a lovely afternoon tea! It is very good value @ £6.50 per head. The mariners tea, with smoked salmon, prawns & crab sandwiches is £1 extra. Well worth a visit!

• Visited January 2012

Scarborough, United Kingdom
“very unique”
Reviewed January 28, 2012

We have been here and the place is so lovely, you can sit in your own little booth and drink tea and eat tasty snacks. We have'nt been since the new management of the place so I hope its the same. Lovley cakes which you can order for special occasions if you wish.

• Visited August 2011
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Quirky tea shop- my favourite in Scarborough!”
Reviewed January 12, 2012

This tea shop is very close to my house but about 15 minutes walk from the town centre- but in my opinion worth the walk! Very unsusual inside as it used to be a hairdressers many years ago (back when ladies didn't want anyone to see them having their hair done) so tables are each in their own little wood paneled booths! Lovely and quirky with old fashioned pictures on the wall and tea served in cute, mismatches china tea cups. Food very nice esp afternoon tea or cooked brunch. Good selection of home made cakes.
I love this tea shop- it is my favourite in Scarborough!
The only negative points are that the last few times they seemed a little short staffed (in fact only 1 person appeared to be there) and often closed during the winter.
I would recomend calling to check if they are open before walking there if you are visiting out of peak season.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank Dr_DW_1985
scarborough
“A different experience”
Reviewed January 11, 2012

I love coming here, the food is homemade and the menu choice although limited is very tasty! Don't let the location put you off, and I would recommend a wander across the street to Rosie's Boudoir which is a step back in time and in my opinion 'vintage'.

The tea room itself is quite eccentric and tea is served in lovely old fashioned mix and matched tea pots and lovely cups and saucers. Each table is almost in it's own booth, as I believe this was a previous barbers and the booths remain. This place is great and beats your commercial chain of boring same old food.

You must go, it's quirky and good value and the service is great.

• Visited June 2011
Scarborough, United Kingdom
“home made cafe”
Reviewed December 31, 2011

situated in an old hairdressers, and an old fashioned one at that, everything we had was fresh and home-made.

• Visited August 2011