The Ivy House Gastro Tea Room
The Crescent Hotel(Scarborough)
$155
$140
  • Breakfast included
The Crown Spa Hotel(Scarborough)
$558
$85
  • Pool
$172
Ambassador Hotel(Scarborough)
$77
$74
Hackness Grange Country House Hotel(Hackness)(Great Value!)
$118
$114
Hotels.com
$90
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsdeluxe suitekey codesea harbourroll top bathbig showersun was shiningbody washservice at breakfastspotless bathroomamazing roommini fridgeon arrivalbreakfast was includedshower gelsea frontideal locationan overnight stay
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Just returned from our Saturday overnight stay at the Ivy. We found this B&B really nice & would definately stay again. We stayed in the Elisabeth Swan room which was quite spacious even though we had a travel cot in there as well. The only thing I would pull our room on, is that I had to plug our phone in which meant moving a unit a little bit. When I looked down it was dusty & unclean which put me about a little as surface cleaning isn't quite good enough when they have cleaners.
Like other reviews on here, I would say that it was very quiet to say it was on the front which was brilliant as we have a 15month old. The staff were quite pleasant but must agree with the other ladies review, that the young lad seemed a bit nervous or wasn't sure what he was doing but didn't bother us too much as the girls were really nice. We ordered out tea in the restaurant which was nice but certainly not the best meal I've had. To say we were in Scaroborough I would have expected the fish & scampi to be wonderfull but I was a bit disappointed with it.
We asked if we could sit in a bay window whilst we ate & this was no problem to them & was very nice sat looking at the harbour etc. The bay window however, was very unclean with dead flies etc and we had to try & keep the little one away. This to me is not very good in a restaurant. I understand that flies get everywhere but these were dead & should have been cleaned up, there is enough staff at this place for things like this to be kept on top of.
After a couple of niggles with the Ivy house, I would still stay here again but wouldn't stay for tea at the restaurant...... By the way, the breakfast was quite nice.

Room Tip: The Elisabeth Swan room is on the 2nd floor. We had a pram to negotiate up 2 flights of stairs which wasn't a problem to us but could be to other people. Something to bear in mind.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights and booked 3 rooms. Our bookings were well handled by Jade and all communications from her very friendly. The location is superb, right on the harbour side and after 10.30pm there is no noise at all. The rooms are all furnished to an extremely high standard and spotless. We had the Black Pearl suite and I would highly recommend booking this suite. The breakfasts were plentiful and set us all up for the day. The staff were all friendly and customer orientated . I would recommend this place to any savvy traveller.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We travelled across to Scarborough for the day on a chartered steam hauled train. We had three hours to kill in the resort and decided to find somewhere nice for lunch.

The sun was scorching and we didn't fancy sitting in the direct sun so headed for the relative shade of the Ivy. We were allowed to sit at a big round table in the window even though there was ony two of us and we had a fabulous view of the bay.

We both plumped for the fish and chips which came with free buttered bread. The food was tasty and very filling. Not the best fish I've had but still very good. The staff was friendly and attentive even though they were having to deal with a group of rough looking guests who were trying to wheedle out of paying from what I could gather.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Visited today and was very impressed, although I think the young lad who greeted us at the door maybe lacked enthusiasm. When my wife asked if we were ok taking our daughter's buggy through he poked his head around the corner and said "yeah, it's fine just go through" leaving us to work out where to sit, luckily a waitress arrived on the scene and guided us to the best table for our needs.

My scampi was the best i have had in a long time, served in light fluffy batter with nice chunky chips. My wife had the seafood platter which she said was excellent, daughter had an egg mayo sandwich and this too was presented very nicely with salad and crisps, I honestly cannot praise it enough, really enjoyed it all.

Definitely would have been a 5 but for the waiters attitude upon our arrival, but will definitely be back when next in Scarborough.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Oscar6972
Reviewed June 24, 2013

A very pleasant seafront café a cut above the fish and chip restaurants nearby though its fish and chips are excellent. The place is ideal for coffee, teas, snacks and lunches. It is waitress/waiter service, and service is quick and friendly. There is an extensive menu of hot meals and salads, and those we have tried on our two or three visits there have been very good. Out of the main season it isn't always open every day of the week, as we discovered one day, but that shouldn't be a problem for most visitors. Well worth visiting for reasonable food rather than the fast food nearby.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple