Review Highlights

Amazing educational experience

Reviewed October 30, 2017
Rebecca H
London

All reviews kennel visit dog lovers clear instructions hiking experience passionate owner previous owners unique experience amazing animals animal lovers old railway great activity stunning scenery beautiful area beautiful walk take photos lovely morning trekking
Reviewed 2 days ago

Decided to try and book our experience after purchasing vouchers earlier in the year to find out that the company had to close due to ill health. There were clear instructions on their website about returning the vouchers for a full refund, which I did via recorded delivery. The vouchers have been received by someone and signed for. Despite numerous phone calls over several weeks, I have not had any response.
I am really disappointed as this was a gift for my wife.
If anyone else has had any luck getting in touch, please let me know.

Reviewed September 30, 2018

Following Pesky Husky's closure I have tried to contact them multiple times regarding the refund of some gift vouchers. Having followed the instructions on the website I have heard nothing and all calls have been directed to voicemail. Has anyone had the same issue?

2  Thank Guy D
Reviewed February 15, 2018 via mobile

Our ten year old daughter has a love of husky dogs and it was great to meet the dogs and even better to walk with them and be able to stroke them. Such a treat for her. The whole family enjoyed it including two teenage brothers who also walked the 4 mile walk along the old railway line attached to the dogs. They all took a shine to 'Snoop' a huge Alaskan Malamute fluff ball. Ben and Wendy were so friendly and knowledgeable about the dogs and great with the children. A fun family memory to bottle away. Many thanks to Ben and Wendy and best of luck for all your plans with Pesky Huskys.

4  Thank Clarefive
Reviewed November 12, 2017

At least the weather was good. The rest of the day consisted of us being told off by a very ittitating and rude woman, not being able to do what we paid for and not receiving a refund for what we weren’t able to do

3  Thank kirsty p
michael p, Owner at Pesky Husky, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2017

I don't believe this is a genuine review there is absolutely no detail to it, the fact that it says " the rest of the day" when that length of time is not appropriate , makes it very suspicious

Reviewed October 30, 2017

A fantastic way to exercise and get to know some lovely animals. Everyone loved it , although not for those who can’t keep up ! We learned about how difficult it would be to keep one of these beautiful creatures and after walking them you realise that it’s not for the faint hearted . A very informative positive experience. The dogs were so friendly and beautiful,

Reviewed October 21, 2017

The last reviewer is 100% right in everything that was said. Debbie is a lovely, friendly, warm hearted person, and we were taken back by how wonderful a person she is, given everything that had been going on outside of pesky husky. We visited one Thursday a couple of weeks ago, on a beautiful sunny day, and initially we were shown all of the huskies in a 30 minute kennel visit. During the introduction, which was amazing, learning about how they are all taken care off, seeing them all in person, how loved each one of her dogs is by Debbie, but how rewarding it is, even though it is very labour intensive, but thats down to her committment and love for each one of her dogs. Each dog is well socialised and friendly towards anyone they come across, but you can see the amount of work that Debbie puts into exercising her dogs, including the love and care that each one of them receives. After the kennel visit, we all had harnesses put on by Debbie, and then we were all linked up with one of her dogs, before we set out on the hike. The hike was amazing, a lovely beautiful, scenic walk, whilst walking a lovely, beautiful dog, whilst Debbie spoke to each one of us individually as we walked on the hike. We then turned into a lovely, scenic, field area, where the dogs had a drink, and where we could take photos and videos of the dogs, as well as the incredible scenery. We then headed back to Debbies, before the dogs then went back to their kennels to relax. Overall, it was such a lovely, heart warming, informative day/experience, one which we will never forget and next time we hope to do the trek, as well as the longest hike package. Thank you so much Debbie, continue doing what you are doing, and we hope to see you again soon. Kristian and Adrian :)

1  Thank KristianB1991
Reviewed October 16, 2017

Deb was very friendly and gives each guest an introduction to all of her huskies during the "kennel visit" portion of the visit. She also explains what goes into taking care of the dogs, and how labor-intensive it can be. Not surprisingly, most of her dogs are rescues with sad histories--their previous owners were expecting fluffy puppies and ended up with extremely athletic adult dogs. Luckily, Deb puts an incredible amount of work into exercising the dogs and giving them love and care. They are all well-socialized and friendly towards visitors.

The trek is only for VERY athletic visitors, so I opted for the hike. The terrain was flat and easy to walk on, and the scenery was lovely. Be sure to take your camera (or phone) to get pictures with the dogs.

1  Thank 16samanthay
Reviewed September 30, 2017 via mobile

Bit of a shame really, pictures and rating on trip advisor are pretty good so I booked a husky walk for my wife's birthday with a lunch!

As this was our second husky experience, we were really looking forward to meet the huskies and go for the walk. And the day was lovely, blue skies and very warm!

The day started with a tour round the prison like stables where the 30 huskies were kept, and Debbie gave a lot of information about the origins of huskies which was very informative, but then insists that the British public shouldn't get huskies as pets in general and how we're all a bunch of idiots and don't have a clue! Which in first instance was funny and took as a joke but once it was spoken about again and again, just seemed like a personal attack!

Next we were told we could watch while some other people do the trekking (hiking and trekking kind of means the same thing, would be easier to call it walking and mushing) - we thought watching some other people do the trekking would be great and then we would go on our walk!

However that wasn't the case, we watched their whole experience, from the training to the actual trekking, just stood on the other side of the fence for 1 and a half!

Thought it was a bit strange as we hadn't touched a husky yet and it was 11am, the experienced finished at 1pm. Advertised on the website and what I payed for was 2 3/4 hour walk with lunch!

Once the trekkers had finished we got ready for our walk, got our harness' on and started walking with the huskies. It was brilliant and exactly what we were thinking the experience would be!
However it didn't last long! We thought we would run with our huskies, only to be shouted at by Debbie staying if the huskies did run I'd fall flat on my face! Also we had to walk in single file because otherwise the dogs would fight. So a fun walk was turned into a boring policed walk in single file!

We walked 30 minutes down a track to a field, turned around and walked back! Huskies were put back in their beds/pens and it was over!

Then to top off our amazing experience we were handed a £3 meal deal from the local shop for our lunch!

I'm very disappointed with the whole experience but has made me want to get a husky of my own, because then I can give my husky a nice place to sleep and run with my dog and actually look after it, rather than getting told we're all rubbish people and shouldn't own huskies!

Thanks Debbie for showing us how not to look after huskies!

9  Thank James L
michael p, Owner at Pesky Husky, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2017

Words fail me on this one, not even worth repying to, it takes all sorts, trouble is some people just try to be a bit too clever given a key board to tap away on !!

Reviewed September 29, 2017

What a unique experience. The huskies are so beautiful and well looked after, went for a hiking experience as I decided I was not fit enough for the trekking, despite slight drizzle, the countryside is beautiful. My Daughter came too for a kennel visit but ended up paying to hike too which was no problem. I feel I must mention Debbie who is a character in herself, so funny and very down to earth, some of the other reviewers are so petty, it is unbelievable, When the well being of her beloved dogs are at risk, how do you expect to be instructed, Debbie does explain that she cannot be flowering up her instructions so may come across as being abrupt but it is not meant that way. As for the kennels being dirty, these dogs are not pets and will happily live in a farm stable type environment as long as it is clean (which it is....very clean) without cushions and toys. Please judge for yourself and enjoy the experience and don't think if you are not fully fit that it is her fault if you cannot trek, do the hiking instead which is brilliant.

2  Thank 558Dolly

This more than answers the review headed :More bad than good: dont you think, thank you very much for this very accurate review .

Reviewed September 12, 2017 via mobile

We spent a wonderful few hours with Debbie and her huskies and took a hike on her farm with two special dogs. We will definitely return as soon as possible.