“Awesome birthday party”
Review of Pesky Husky

Pesky Husky
Ranked #23 of 82 things to do in Scarborough
More attraction details
Owner description: Situated between Scarborough and Whitby in the North York Moors National Park, Pesky Husky is a unique experience for any visitor. A family-run business with over 30 years of experience of the breed, Pesky Husky was set up in 2007, when our aims were to provide a centre where people could learn about the amazing qualities of the oldest breed on the planet, and how they are simply like no other dog. We also aim to provide a loving home for our dogs throughout their whole lives (having rescued about a third of our pack from unsuitable homes), by giving them the opportunity to do what Huskies are supposed to do- run! With 30 sled dogs for you to meet, we provide a range of exciting experiences, including Husky Trekking; a sport which gives you the opportunity to drive your own team of dogs on a two wheeled scooter around our purpose built trekking course, with its two exciting down-hills. For those who want a more relaxed session we can tailor your session to suit your individual abilities.Pesky Husky also offers Husky Hiking all year round; a walk with the dogs through the open countryside, using specialist belts and equipment specifically designed for sled dogs. A fun and unique activity, this is perfect for families with children, walking groups, or anyone who wants to meet and spend some quality time with these amazing animals! We also offer combined sessions of Trekking and hiking for the complete Husky experience.These activities all include a full kennel visit, instruction, and equipment, and are available all year round, 7 days a week. We also do various other activities- from children’s parties to kennel visits, meaning there really is something for everybody! Prices start at £15 and we can provide gift vouchers as well as bookings. Please ring for availability and details.
Filey
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Awesome birthday party”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

This year, as our grand daughter approached her 10th birthday, she requested an animal themed party. Fortunately we came across Pesky Husky. A quick phone call to the very helpful Debbie set the date for 29th May. A wet and foggy weather forecast the day before prompted Debbie to contact me to see if we wanted to re arrange. I asked my granddaughter who said ‘No way’. Yes the weather was wet, a little cold and with a sea fret but this just added to the experience. The children came all prepared, wellies, waterproofs etc and had a thoroughly enjoyable time both meeting the huskies and trekking on the scooters around the course. (Watching the children emerge from the mist on the home stretch of the course was really surreal.) All the adults present agreed it was the best ever party. The children’s faces constantly beamed with happiness. They described the experience as awesome, amazing, tremendous, immense... and the cake was delicious too.
Many thanks, Debbie, for providing us with such a memorable birthday party.

Visited May 2013
4 Thank chrisnbabs

Rossendale, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Breathtaking experience for proper dog lovers.”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We decided to do something a little different for the Xmas present for our ten year old daughter. She's not a playstation generation kind and genuinely loves dogs. This seemed perfect, and I can tell you it was. The dogs are kept - and treated - as working dogs. The kennel trip is no fluffy cushion stroll, but the love and respect that comes from a troop of happy dogs is overwhelming. The basic training was great and although my daughter is only very light, she was given the right guidance and help from Debbie to feel very safe and reassured. She took the huskies for a spin that she will never forget. What a brilliant experience. Heartily recommended.

Visited May 2013
4 Thank Minnellium
Hartlepool
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Second helpings”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Our second visit to pesky husky,even better than the first, our eight year old granddaughter will never have enough of visiting the huskies. This time she took a husky for a walk and had a fantastic time, it was a beautiful walk. Every one of the huskies are fantastic dogs. Debbie who runs the place is a hostess second to none. I am sure we will return very soon.

Visited April 2013
5 Thank Liiandra H
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I'm a little late with this review but we visited in October to do the trekking on the scooters for my husband's birthday. My husband had no idea what we would be doing but he loves outdoor sports and mountain biking, and as it turns out I couldn't have picked a better place to visit! Our visit began with a very informative tour of the kennels to meet all the lovely dogs, and then onto our training. All the staff were very friendly and informative and I definitely felt like I was in safe hands, and the dogs knew what they were doing even if I didn't. My husband turned out to be much more confident than me and found it very exhilarating, it was a real adrenaline rush! I went a little bit slower (scaredy cat) but still really enjoyed myself. I would definitely go again, it was a fantastic experience. Thank you to all staff for looking after me and making my husband's birthday so special.

Visited October 2012
4 Thank booglyboo
mirfield
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Absolutely amazing!!!”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

What a fabulous present from my husband! I had a fantastic time at Pesky Husky- the kennel visit complete with puppies-aah cuties- and excellent information along with personal introductions to them all by Debbie, a test session around the field with 2 huskies and me on the scooter, complete with all the safety equipment and advice, then off in the landrover with 4 huskies who were as excited and enthusiatic as me! We arrived at the old railway line/track and all piled out. Again after instructions, off I set on the scooter which was attached to 2 huskies and with my encouragement and their 'mum' Debbie on her bike ahead, off we went. After completing the run, we did it all over again but with 2 faster huskies which was amazing! I was covered in mud and couldn't stop grinning, a real stress buster. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who loves animals and wants to have fun working with them as a team.

Visited February 2013